Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1002 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 2502902952992100010011002100310041012 ... LastLast
Results 9,010 to 9,018 of 9116

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    In my friend's particular case, there was virtually no work involved.

i.e. Friend goes into dealership and asks for my friend. My friend says "$X is the best we can do on the car you want."

My friend literally walked into another dealership, perused a bit, was approached by a sales person and he asked what's the best they can do on the model that he wanted (same model, options, etc.) and they automatically could do better. There was no haggling involved. It was literally the first number the sales people told my friend. From that point on, he haggled even further.

I'm wondering how that is possible with the first number? At the very least, the friend source should be marginally cheaper even if by $100. Or be straight up and just say what your bottom line is (without getting in trouble and without getting fired) and that's the best you can do.
    I think certain brands have more wiggle room or something like that. I know when we bought our bmw, there was ZERO haggle room with the guy, he just had that "take it or leave it" thing going on. When I bought my new truck, the window sticker was 94k and I bought it at 76k so either they inflate the sticker price to make it feel like you're getting a deal or there's just more wiggle room on certain makes.

I remember hearing at one time that, Dodge could do more haggling because they're a volume based company. They will sell the vehicles for less to sell more vehicles in the end. Dodge also gave dealerships cutbacks on the amount of vehicles sold, so I've heard. Whereas, GMC was the opposite, they wouldn't move as much because they don't have a system like that. At least the last time I talked to people in the industry anyways.

Thanks

In my friend's particular case, there was virtually no work involved.

i.e. Friend goes into dealership and asks for my friend. My friend says "$X is the best we can do on the car you want."

My friend literally walked into another dealership, perused a bit, was approached by a sales person and he asked what's the best they can do on the model that he wanted (same model, options, etc.) and they automatically could do better. There was no haggling involved. It was literally the first number the sales people told my friend. From that point on, he haggled even further.

I'm wondering how that is possible with the first number? At the very least, the friend source should be marginally cheaper even if by $100. Or be straight up and just say what your bottom line is (without getting in trouble and without getting fired) and that's the best you can do.
    maybe the friend is a douchebag and assumed it would be an easy sale because he thought he had an in so he didn't give him an actual good price?
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Thanks

lol it's possible. I don't think I'll ever get an answer, but it would have been nice to help a friend out and eventually return the favour to the friend who hooked my friend up.

Oh well.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

When I worked at the Chev / GM dealership they taught us that usually the “Friend Discount” was the best place to make a decent coin. Mainly because your friends usually ( 90% ) trust you and take your word that you are giving them the best prices.....they usually never argue to go look elsewhere. Hence you make bank off your friends.

I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t be that sleazy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Read my previous post again. No salesman knows the bottom line either. Not even the sales manager will know the bottom line in certain cases. No one is giving some jackoff's buddy a good deal. I wouldn't even be surprised if u did the math and found out his buddy deal was full retail.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazy240sx View Post
    I think certain brands have more wiggle room or something like that. I know when we bought our bmw, there was ZERO haggle room with the guy, he just had that "take it or leave it" thing going on.
    I'm guessing edmonton bmw? I've never successfully bought a car there yet, and probably never will. They always think full price - half a penny is a good deal. I pretty much use Edmonton bmw as a warm up negotiation, cuz i dont like that dealership anyway. Uneducated about their product greasy sales staff; to me it feels like the mob runs it.

I negotiated over 7% off at bavaria on a 135i, and when I bought my 335i from langley bmw it ended up being something like 5g cheaper than what edmonton bmw wouldn't go lower then, and the one at langley actually had more options.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    it works because you never get somethign for nothing. If you want a good deal it takes effort. A buddy deal takes no effort, and the reason why its crap is because they can't just give everyone who has a buddy a smoking deal. they'd get in shit if they gave away the farm without any sort of struggle right out of the gate, Might as well close the doors on the sales department if they hand out their best deals like candy to any idiot that might be a potential laydown. Management also knows cuz ur a buddy you'll likely buy from them anyway, so they dont need to go all crazy. Now, if you grind them down and work for it, and work them hard, and dont fuck around by being an idiot... just all business negotiating that doesn't waste their time, they have a logical story of how they had to go that low to get the deal done, or how there was some benefit to them to sell it at that price.

Having worked at dealerships, and having bought cars from dealerships that I had friends or acquaintances working at, i never once name dropped or acknowledged I knew anyone there, and they knew to ignore me as well while i was in customer mode. IMO its like a universal understanding among people in the trade that as soon as you try for a buddy deal you're declaring to the world you can't negotiate for shit. There is no way anyone I knew in the dealership could have gotten me a better deal than what i negotiated.
    You have my full attention. I can't negotiate for shit (as it would seem from this latest go around with insurance is showing).

How do I "grind them down and work for it, and work them hard, and dont fuck around by being an idiot... just all business negotiating that doesn't waste their time?"
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

i need some tips too, when i bought my current car my gf insisted at buying at the stealership because you get a warranty etc, and when i went in i was not really expecting to actually buy a car so i didn't negotiate at all, before i knew it i had signed all the papers and it was too late, i'm sure i got hosed, heck i don't even know WHEN you're supposed to try to negotiate, at the first mention of price?
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle25 View Post
    i need some tips too, when i bought my current car my gf insisted at buying at the stealership because you get a warranty etc, and when i went in i was not really expecting to actually buy a car so i didn't negotiate at all, before i knew it i had signed all the papers and it was too late, i'm sure i got hosed, heck i don't even know WHEN you're supposed to try to negotiate, at the first mention of price?
    I always negotiate before I sign anything. I'll usually look at a couple vehicles, get some pricing from them and decide what I like at the time. I always make it a priority to at least go to 2-3 dealers and see what they're willing to do. It's more work but in the end, it's going to get you the best deal. Some dealers are hurting for the sale that month whereas others might have had a really good month, so they don't want to move on something as much as another one. A lot of people get trapped in the sales pitch, Go Auto is famous for this, where they hound you hard, and try to not let you leave without a sale. They'll ask for your phone number and everything, and then call you every couple days to see if you've purchased. I HATE that.