1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 976 of 983 FirstFirst ... 476876926966974975976977978 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,784 of 8845

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

i believe i have the gen 2, any difference between the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    I bought a Lyric T6 Thermostat on Amazon during a flash sale. After my $100 rebate I paid $50 For it.
    I did not know that you could use the rebate if you bought on Amazon? Also, how is the lyric?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Lol. Sorry. Yours is actually looking pretty good these days. Heck of a project. I got no beef with Subaru, I just hate the hype that surrounds the STI that is a sub par track car at best. Probably a decent winter beater with the AWD. But for 60k I'd be in a new Acura TLX or something more enjoyable to drive.
    Pretty sure there's no sti that costs $60K. The top sport tech package will run you about $48K I think.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    I did not know that you could use the rebate if you bought on Amazon? Also, how is the lyric?
    As long as the receipt shows that it's a qualifying model.

So far so good. Can't get it to sync to my phone, their tech team is figuring it out
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Pretty sure there's no sti that costs $60K. The top sport tech package will run you about $48K I think.

$51,204. Guess they came down in price. So my bad, it's only about 15k over priced not 25k. Doesn't really change anything.

You expect an sti to be priced lower than a honda accord? You crazy.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Or get a top tier wrx with the FA20 motor and enjoy the good gas mileage while having 90% of the feel and power.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    You expect an sti to be priced lower than a honda accord? You crazy.
    It's a piece of shit with a ticking time bomb of a turbo engine slapped in to entice teenage kids. Yes I expect it to be priced accordingly if they want any of my money.

Regardless, none of it relevant. Zhao made a joke about me being too baller for a winter beater. And I am, that's why I have a brand new Lexus for winter. But if I was legit baller I would be winter beating a GT-R or a Velar. Actually I wouldn't be winter beating anything because I won't ever see snow again once I'm legit balling.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    It's a piece of shit with a ticking time bomb of a turbo engine slapped in to entice teenage kids.

Did a Subaru give you a STI? You seem awfully upset at them. Maybe touched you in the wrong place?

The motor is actually fairly decent, considering its a 15 year old design. Completely stock, they are quite reliable. Do the EJ257 motors have issues. Yes, absolutely, but its pretty overblown overall. No different than the DSM years back in the 90's, everyone complaining about them being junk. But they weren't, ricer idiots bought them, cranked up DA BOOST, and blew them up because DUH.

The car itself isn't bad either. End of the day, what is expensive is the drivetrain. Please point out another 6 speed, manual transmission that is awd, has an electronic programmable center differential, in a longitudinal application that can withstand 800hp from the factory, put into a chassis that is decent and currently one off for the platform?

Oh, it was the Evo X (except that was transverse which is much easier to package). And those cost $45k to $50k all day long and were discountinued for a car that was truly a piece of crap except the drivetrain. You can walk out the door with a STi for under $40k, and it comes almost "fully loaded" as a base model.