Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 977 of 983 FirstFirst ... 477877927967975976977978979 ... LastLast
Results 8,785 to 8,793 of 8845

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post

Did a Subaru give you a STI? You seem awfully upset at them. Maybe touched you in the wrong place?

The motor is actually fairly decent, considering its a 15 year old design. Completely stock, they are quite reliable. Do the EJ257 motors have issues. Yes, absolutely, but its pretty overblown overall. No different than the DSM years back in the 90's, everyone complaining about them being junk. But they weren't, ricer idiots bought them, cranked up DA BOOST, and blew them up because DUH.

The car itself isn't bad either. End of the day, what is expensive is the drivetrain. Please point out another 6 speed, manual transmission that is awd, has an electronic programmable center differential, in a longitudinal application that can withstand 800hp from the factory, put into a chassis that is decent and currently one off for the platform?

Oh, it was the Evo X (except that was transverse which is much easier to package). And those cost $45k to $50k all day long and were discountinued for a car that was truly a piece of crap except the drivetrain. You can walk out the door with a STi for under $40k, and it comes almost "fully loaded" as a base model.

Nobody is getting an STI in a car that repels pussy. Lol

To each their own. Personally I think it's an overrated POS. if it was 450hp from the factory then my tune might change. At least then it could be considered a race car and the interior could be overlooked. But as it stands it's an uncomfortable street car with an over engineered unnecessary AWD system that won't be utilized by anyone that doesn't do a full retard build on it to make a race car.

I don't think I've ever had more fun in a vehicle before the sti -predominantly because of winter. Drifting around snow-covered roads without a fear in the world was the absolute tits.

A friend's sti engine recently shit the bed because of a spun bearing. He beats the ever living shit out of his cars though. I don't think that thing has seen a red light where it wasn't redlined + launched when the light turned green. In hindsight, I might just pick up a WRX again for the winter. No sti though... the whole ringland / spun bearing / oil starvation issues scare me. We'll see how much fun the jeep is this winter, though.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I don't think I've ever had more fun in a vehicle before the sti -predominantly because of winter.
    A Subaru certainly makes winter driving go from "a to b" to "every corner can be fun" or "look, a freshly snowed on parking lot at 10pm".

Viktimize is dead on the inside however, we already had this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    We'll see how much fun the jeep is this winter, though.
    Can't go wrong. I think you'll love it. If you can stomach the fuel costs, then I think that's hands down the best winter vehicle out there. Torque, traction, AND some decent ground clearance. Now that I don't have to drive 200km round trip every day I wish I had mine back.

A Subaru certainly makes winter driving go from "a to b" to "every corner can be fun" or "look, a freshly snowed on parking lot at 10pm".

Viktimize is dead on the inside however, we already had this conversation.
    If driving Vipers and 580hp sedans makes you dead inside. Then I don't want to be alive inside. You can keep your children's go kart and wait for winters to pretend you're a pro drifter. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    If driving Vipers and 580hp sedans makes you dead inside.
    No, but it probably means you are 65 and wear gold chains

Pro drifter? Naw, I actually race cars, not jerk myself off daily driving some old-man mobiles. Someday I aspire to not give enough of a crap to drive a viper because I can

Anything other than a #RAM is junk.

/discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

No, but it probably means you are 65 and wear gold chains

Pro drifter? Naw, I actually race cars, not jerk myself off daily driving some old-man mobiles. Someday I aspire to not give enough of a crap to drive a viper because I can
    Said Viper not Corvette. Lol. Both of my Vipers have seen as much track time as I could get living up here. Has little to do with not giving a crap, and more to do with using the car for what you buy it for.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Anything other than a #RAM is junk.

/discussion
    Except for the typical dodge electrical issues.

Serious question for Vik. Have you driven a Subaru? In winter? Honestly if you haven't you should just give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Said Viper not Corvette. Lol. Both of my Vipers have seen as much track time as I could get living up here. Has little to do with not giving a crap, and more to do with using the car for what you buy it for.
    A viper is a personal statement, and that statement certainly isn't "I bought this to do track days with" lol

Either way, get over yourself. You really aren't impressing anyone. I've spent more money racing than your two vipers cost, whoopdee fucking doo, I didnt have to wait until I was 55 to do it either.

Delphi, he thinks a short wheelbase jeep is a fantastic winter daily. His opinion of vehicles in general is questionable. He's entitled.to his opinion, but its one based on simply money/snobbery, nothing to do with the actual.dynamics of a car.

Bitches about STi interior quality and engines, owns a viper. Fucking. Lol