Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 978 of 993 FirstFirst ... 478878928968976977978979980988 ... LastLast
Results 8,794 to 8,802 of 8935

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    A Subaru certainly makes winter driving go from "a to b" to "every corner can be fun" or "look, a freshly snowed on parking lot at 10pm".
    Agreed. Every time I drove the thing in the winter, you were constantly looking for opportunities to have some fun.

I've never driven something like the jeep especially with an automatic transmission before in the winter. With the manual transmission, it was easy to feather the throttle, select a gear and stay in the power band, etc. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss it.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Agreed. Every time I drove the thing in the winter, you were constantly looking for opportunities to have some fun.

I've never driven something like the jeep especially with an automatic transmission before in the winter. With the manual transmission, it was easy to feather the throttle, select a gear and stay in the power band, etc. I have a feeling I'm gonna miss it.
    Does your GC have the TCM update flash? So it doesn't hold gears anymore? If so you can just get a Predator for it and it gives you gear hold back. It's a must for those things I felt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Except for the typical dodge electrical issues.

Serious question for Vik. Have you driven a Subaru? In winter? Honestly if you haven't you should just give it a try.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not against owning anything. I actually did look at Subarus a few times. But as mentioned they all seemed pretty over valued. Not just the STI. And there is so many of them with blown engines that it just steered me away. There's no doubt that AWD is nice for winter driving, but when it comes to a DD or winter beater, I want something reliable. So it's pretty hard to beat a Honda or Toyota/Lexus. If a guy can only own one car for year round, then I see the allure of the WRX. It's not a total dog in the summer and it handles winter duty well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    A viper is a personal statement, and that statement certainly isn't "I bought this to do track days with" lol

Either way, get over yourself. You really aren't impressing anyone. I've spent more money racing than your two vipers cost, whoopdee fucking doo, I didnt have to wait until I was 55 to do it either.

Delphi, he thinks a short wheelbase jeep is a fantastic winter daily. His opinion of vehicles in general is questionable. He's entitled.to his opinion, but its one based on simply money/snobbery, nothing to do with the actual.dynamics of a car.

Bitches about STi interior quality and engines, owns a viper. Fucking. Lol
    I see you neither know any Viper owners, nor have been in a Viper. You're right that everyone is entitled to their opinion. But if you're going to base yours entirely on ignorance, combined with some type of butthurt over me not liking Subarus and treating it like a personal insult. Then that opinion isn't worth a whole lot.

Funny how all this came from an innocent joke and nudge about Subarus. Highlighting to a T the Subaru faggotry I referenced in the joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Does your GC have the TCM update flash? So it doesn't hold gears anymore? If so you can just get a Predator for it and it gives you gear hold back. It's a must for those things I felt.
    That's the first I've heard of the TCM flash. But my jgc doesn't hold gears back. Neat that there's something that can give you gear hold back. I'm hoping for a procharge kit next summer so I'll hold off on all mods until I do a bunch more research.

Thanks for the heads up though. Always neat seeing what's available for these things.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Ah, yes. It feels good. The banter, the anger, the hurt feelings.

780tuners is coming back!
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    That's the first I've heard of the TCM flash. But my jgc doesn't hold gears back. Neat that there's something that can give you gear hold back. I'm hoping for a procharge kit next summer so I'll hold off on all mods until I do a bunch more research.

Thanks for the heads up though. Always neat seeing what's available for these things.
    Procharger would be a nice add on. I didn't have anything on my GC except the Diablo. I run the Vortech kit on my 300SRT. It makes it a ton of fun.

Just thinking back, the flash came out in like 2007/8. So your 2010 would come from factory with that TCM tuning already. I have a 2006 SRT and everyone was furious when the dealer did the update during servicing.
    Last edited by Viktimize; October 4th, 2017 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP2002 View Post
    Ah, yes. It feels good. The banter, the anger, the hurt feelings.

780tuners is coming back!
    Next we are going to talk about smart phones and watch Samsung fanbois meltdown as their anger over anyone owning an Apple product melts their brains. Lol.

Thanks

man you Subaru guys need a meet to just jerk each other off apparently