Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 982 of 986 FirstFirst ... 482882932972980981982983984 ... LastLast
Results 8,830 to 8,838 of 8870

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    looked like a real POS imo
    At least you can admit to everyone you buy a vacuum based on its looks

I've used them all. The $400+ dyson's don't make a single difference versus the cheaper brands. Its all advertising, and apparently a lot of you are suckers for it.

The dyson's I've used all have horrible, convoluted functionality to them. Some of the things are just fucking stupid to use them.

Thanks

I don't find that at all lol with the cheaper brands (thinking back to when I had vacuums with the bags), it took a month of regular vacuuming with the bags to fill up + replace. With the dyson, that fucker fills up within a week and the canister is bigger than the vacuum bags I had.

Moreover, when I first bought my dyson, I did a test as suggested by my friends: Use the old vacuum to do a large area of carpet (I did my entire upstairs as it's all carpet) and see how much stuff it sucks up. I couldn't vacuum my enitre upstairs with the dyson before the canister filled up (this was in a house that was maybe 6 months old). This was enough evidence to convince me that the dyson picked up a lot more stuff than the cheapie original vacuum (I forget the brand and the original may very well have been a huge POS that wasn't good for anything other than blowing dust around).

I'm curious what you mean by convoluted functionality lol there's a head and there's a hose. It's pretty point-and-shoot.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 764 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I don't find that at all lol with the cheaper brands (thinking back to when I had vacuums with the bags), it took a month of regular vacuuming with the bags to fill up + replace. With the dyson, that fucker fills up within a week and the canister is bigger than the vacuum bags I had.

Moreover, when I first bought my dyson, I did a test as suggested by my friends: Use the old vacuum to do a large area of carpet (I did my entire upstairs as it's all carpet) and see how much stuff it sucks up. I couldn't vacuum my enitre upstairs with the dyson before the canister filled up (this was in a house that was maybe 6 months old). This was enough evidence to convince me that the dyson picked up a lot more stuff than the cheapie original vacuum (I forget the brand and the original may very well have been a huge POS that wasn't good for anything other than blowing dust around).

I'm curious what you mean by convoluted functionality lol there's a head and there's a hose. It's pretty point-and-shoot.
    ^I strongly second this.
    A cheap vacuum gets the job done - no question, but to say that an Electrolux or a Dyson doesn't do a better job is silly. I've done the same test as this and the very fine particles it picks up directly after a regular, cheap vacuuming has been done is incredible.
    A VW gets you where you need to go, but a Porsche is a more desirable car and does most car things better. It costs maybe 5x more and it's nowhere near 5x better, but it is a lot better. Same with Dyson.
    I could never have paid the regular price, so I'm super glad I got mine for about half that, but it's a great machine. Oh, and the "convoluted functionality" is also false. The way its head stays flat and can pivot & twist (on the canister style) is amazing. The slightest input from your wrist and it's like the thing reads your mind!
    Did you (HiTemp) only use the upright-style? I can tell I wouldn't like that because you're throwing the full mass of the unit back & forth and I think it would tear my arm out at the shoulder. Maybe you're supposed to vacuum like you were mowing your lawn with that style. I didn't want one, anyway!

Thanks

my cheap vacuum, everytime you would pick the damn thing up, there would be just enough flex in the entire thing for the canister to fall off, every.fucking.time. would clean up decently until it would always randomly stop working for whatever given reason (im assuming some sort of power cord issue) the accessory rack it came with broke within a couple days. all around was a POS. plus on my hardwood wouldnt clean up anything unless you used the stupid attatchment. dyson is all around better in my case 100%

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 791 Posts

I have some cheap Bissell. It's worked well for the past 4 years. It's starting to make some weird noises, and it's obviously not the best vacuum on the market. But I certainly don't believe a Dyson will do a 10x better job, to justify the 10x higher price.

Guess I'm not #780baller material.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I have some cheap Bissell. It's worked well for the past 4 years. It's starting to make some weird noises, and it's obviously not the best vacuum on the market. But I certainly don't believe a Dyson will do a 10x better job, to justify the 10x higher price.

Guess I'm not #780baller material.
    Oh, and believe me! I'm not saying it does!
    It's just a much better machine and it's not frustrating to use. I like it, but it was a luxury purchase

Thanks

4 pages of vacuums....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    ^I strongly second this.
    A cheap vacuum gets the job done - no question, but to say that an Electrolux or a Dyson doesn't do a better job is silly. I've done the same test as this and the very fine particles it picks up directly after a regular, cheap vacuuming has been done is incredible.
    A VW gets you where you need to go, but a Porsche is a more desirable car and does most car things better. It costs maybe 5x more and it's nowhere near 5x better, but it is a lot better. Same with Dyson.
    I could never have paid the regular price, so I'm super glad I got mine for about half that, but it's a great machine. Oh, and the "convoluted functionality" is also false. The way its head stays flat and can pivot & twist (on the canister style) is amazing. The slightest input from your wrist and it's like the thing reads your mind!
    Did you (HiTemp) only use the upright-style? I can tell I wouldn't like that because you're throwing the full mass of the unit back & forth and I think it would tear my arm out at the shoulder. Maybe you're supposed to vacuum like you were mowing your lawn with that style. I didn't want one, anyway!
    Used both Dyson and the Shark stand up models. As mentioned, I never said paying decent money for a vacuum wasn't worth it. I said paying "I'm silly with my money" cash for a dyson isn't worth it.

Also, lol at the "comparative" testing apparently both of you have done

There is little to justify your thinking that a dyson is better than other quality vacuums. But you pay double to triple the price. Like I said, its ok to admit you just want to be a mini-baller with your vacuum cleaner. But its not better than other, cheaper, alternatives. Both consumer reports and cnet (among other hardware review sites) agree with this assessment.

You both will be stylin' while performing your housewife duties though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy View Post
    Used both Dyson and the Shark stand up models. As mentioned, I never said paying decent money for a vacuum wasn't worth it. I said paying "I'm silly with my money" cash for a dyson isn't worth it.

Also, lol at the "comparative" testing apparently both of you have done

There is little to justify your thinking that a dyson is better than other quality vacuums. But you pay double to triple the price. Like I said, its ok to admit you just want to be a mini-baller with your vacuum cleaner. But its not better than other, cheaper, alternatives. Both consumer reports and cnet (among other hardware review sites) agree with this assessment.

You both will be stylin' while performing your housewife duties though
    OK. It's "not a better vacuum". All it does is pick up more dirt, dust and hair than a shitty vacuum that breaks every 3 years.
    I will lose sleep knowing that it's not a better vacuum. It's no solace that it just does the only things that a vacuum are supposed to do better, more quietly and for years longer.

I hear you, because I've read the same shit and I was sceptical, but it's simply way better at the only things a vacuum needs to do. I'm starting to think Consumer Reports is useless. Ever read a car report of theirs that seemed accurate in the last 10 years? Either EVERY car is a lemon, or, Audi & BMW are scoring high for long-term reliability. RoFL!! Thanks for the hot tips!!