Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1001 of 1014 FirstFirst ... 50190195199199910001001100210031011 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,009 of 9123

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

fuck i was hoping to leverage that sale to get me a cheaper Honda Grom lol

Just go into the dealership with cash and its pretty easy to negotiate.

I've always wondered how that works.

Buyer has a buddy-of-a-buddy at a dealership (i.e. knows someone) but the buyer can get a better deal at a dealership where he doesn't know anyone.

How does that work? Was the buddy at the dealership not giving the best discount he could for a friend in his network? OR just some dealerships can offer more off at certain times?

Not ragging on your buddy. I am friends with the service manager at a dealership and referred a friend over there for a new car purchase. My friend was able to get a better deal at another dealership where he knew nobody. HTF does that work?
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Kajes friend gave me a quote. I went to a different dealer, said that "shop x" gave me this price. Told them if you can beat this I'll buy both bikes cash right now. Seemed to work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    My friend was able to get a better deal at another dealership where he knew nobody. HTF does that work?
    This is pretty common.. I have had a few friends that said they got a buddy deal but it is really not that much of a deal. I would rather just go in and do my own negotiating and do my own homework prior.

Then you can negotiate how you want and I think people just assume that they are getting a deal because it is a friend or friend of a friend. Never assume anything at a dealer lol.

Tell you the best buddy-deal I ever got...

Needed some transmission lines, price was $230.xx through the dealer, even online at RockAuto wasn't much cheaper, and I didn't want to wait for shipping.

My buddy got hold of me, they put the decimal point in the wrong place, price came up as $23.xx instead.

Rushed over there, the invoice and part was at the counter, and the person working the parts desk said... "Hey, hang on a second, it looks like they forgot your friends and family discount!" and took another 10% off...

Ended up getting $250 (after taxes) part for like $19.00
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Scored the dirtiest most awesome deal on amazon. They had a pricing mistake. From my friends experience they honor it. Not bad for $200 off.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I've always wondered how that works.

Buyer has a buddy-of-a-buddy at a dealership (i.e. knows someone) but the buyer can get a better deal at a dealership where he doesn't know anyone.

How does that work? Was the buddy at the dealership not giving the best discount he could for a friend in his network? OR just some dealerships can offer more off at certain times?

Not ragging on your buddy. I am friends with the service manager at a dealership and referred a friend over there for a new car purchase. My friend was able to get a better deal at another dealership where he knew nobody. HTF does that work?
    it works because you never get somethign for nothing. If you want a good deal it takes effort. A buddy deal takes no effort, and the reason why its crap is because they can't just give everyone who has a buddy a smoking deal. they'd get in shit if they gave away the farm without any sort of struggle right out of the gate, Might as well close the doors on the sales department if they hand out their best deals like candy to any idiot that might be a potential laydown. Management also knows cuz ur a buddy you'll likely buy from them anyway, so they dont need to go all crazy. Now, if you grind them down and work for it, and work them hard, and dont fuck around by being an idiot... just all business negotiating that doesn't waste their time, they have a logical story of how they had to go that low to get the deal done, or how there was some benefit to them to sell it at that price.

Having worked at dealerships, and having bought cars from dealerships that I had friends or acquaintances working at, i never once name dropped or acknowledged I knew anyone there, and they knew to ignore me as well while i was in customer mode. IMO its like a universal understanding among people in the trade that as soon as you try for a buddy deal you're declaring to the world you can't negotiate for shit. There is no way anyone I knew in the dealership could have gotten me a better deal than what i negotiated.

In my friend's particular case, there was virtually no work involved.

i.e. Friend goes into dealership and asks for my friend. My friend says "$X is the best we can do on the car you want."

My friend literally walked into another dealership, perused a bit, was approached by a sales person and he asked what's the best they can do on the model that he wanted (same model, options, etc.) and they automatically could do better. There was no haggling involved. It was literally the first number the sales people told my friend. From that point on, he haggled even further.

I'm wondering how that is possible with the first number? At the very least, the friend source should be marginally cheaper even if by $100. Or be straight up and just say what your bottom line is (without getting in trouble and without getting fired) and that's the best you can do.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)