Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1003 of 1014 FirstFirst ... 3503903953993100110021003100410051013 ... LastLast
Results 9,019 to 9,027 of 9123

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    No one is giving some jackoff's buddy a good deal.
    Anecdotal experience: I got my jeep srt for under cost from a friend-of-a-friend. The dealership lost $5000 on my jeep solely because the VP and GM of the dealership are really good friends with my friend. Showed me the price the bought it for from the trade-in, the money they put into it (tires, windshield, etc.), their total cost, and the price they were giving to me at.

I don't know what it means, but they said they sent the jeep "to the farm" which had something to do with them being ok with losing money on it.

So, it is possible.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Anecdotal experience: I got my jeep srt for under cost from a friend-of-a-friend. The dealership lost $5000 on my jeep solely because the VP and GM of the dealership are really good friends with my friend. Showed me the price the bought it for from the trade-in, the money they put into it (tires, windshield, etc.), their total cost, and the price they were giving to me at.

I don't know what it means, but they said they sent the jeep "to the farm" which had something to do with them being ok with losing money on it.

So, it is possible.
    It is also possible that they showed you the trade in price where they overvalued the jeep it to make the other car deal for the previous owner of the jeep.

In the end, the dealers always win.. But a good dealer/salesman will make you think that you got a good deal.

yeah, it's like half the dealership ads i hear on the radio are "at or below cost!" which is total bs
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    It is also possible that they showed you the trade in price where they overvalued the jeep it to make the other car deal for the previous owner of the jeep.

In the end, the dealers always win.. But a good dealer/salesman will make you think that you got a good deal.
    It's possible, but there's a few things that make me think not. i.e.
    - I was texting my friend's friend (the GM of the dealership) for a few days and she quoted me a price which I was really happy with.
    - Dealing with the person she sent me to, he drafted up all the paper work and it had the asking price that was on the sticker of the window. I said this wasn't the price that so-and-so quoted me. He asked what price and I told him. He looked at me like I was retarded. He said there's no way they can sell it for that because they'd be upside down on the trade-in. This went back-and-forth for a minute so I quashed it by asking him if could speak with the GM. He came back later and said he didn't know how I got that price, but he'd readjust the price.
    - I went to the GM's office to sign the paper work and to officially meet her in person (note: not a finance manager or some other lackey or sales person) which is where she showed me what they were into the vehicle for. The VP has known my friend for over a decade and even went to his destination wedding so that's usually a good sign, right?
    - Eventually, the GM walked by and the VP called him over and introduced me. He said I was lucky I got this near the end of the month because they were able to "send
    it to the farm" (still no idea what that means).

So, while I think it is possible they could have showed me misleading numbers, I don't think it's the VP's job or the GM's job to give me the warm and fuzzies for making the sale.

I guess I'll never know. I did walk away with the warm and fuzzies though haha
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post

I guess I'll never know. I did walk away with the warm and fuzzies though haha
    In the end, that is all that matters

Salesman and dealers all all sleazy. I picked up my F150 Limited for $66,500 everything in including undercoating. Sticker price was $83,000. I even had the “management” tell me that they are losing money on this deal and all they were relying on was the amount of units they are selling in that month. I had employer discount thru my work on this. I’m sure they still made money here.

Quote Originally Posted by one_low_z24 View Post
    Salesman and dealers all all sleazy. I picked up my F150 Limited for $66,500 everything in including undercoating. Sticker price was $83,000. I even had the “management” tell me that they are losing money on this deal and all they were relying on was the amount of units they are selling in that month. I had employer discount thru my work on this. I’m sure they still made money here.
    Was this a Limited with every option possible. As $66K for a half ton is not a good deal otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post

Ah! I just remembered last night. I have another friend that works as a higher up manager for two jeep/dodge dealerships. I pinged him about my jeep and he said the best he could do was a couple thousand off sticker since they were into it for a bunch of money. Said that was cost and he wasn't authorized to sell it for less.

I got the jeep for $4000 less than his price.

Unless everybody was on the same page to consistently and elaborately tell me the same story, it appears the dealership did lose money on this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by one_low_z24 View Post
    It is very rare a dealership will lose money on a vehicle. When they charge you $1-1500 for the undercoating, it literally costs them $75 in material and an hour of labour for their lackey to do it. They most definitely do well.