Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1009 of 1012 FirstFirst ... 950990995999910071008100910101011 ... LastLast
Results 9,073 to 9,081 of 9101

Thread: Post your latest purchase thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    My motherboard shit the bed so I had to fully upgrade my system because my old board was socket 1150, and with having to replace that I started figuring out how old my other shit was, and my gtx460 was from like 2010... (damn that was a good purchase), plus my psu which i think is the reason my board died was from probably 10+ years ago, so I pretty much replaced everything but my hdd in the end.

Ended up with a 7th gen i7 so i can still easily run windows 7 (se7en!) cuz I hate windows 10's 3 forced updates a day surprise restart while you're on lunch bullshit. I dont need a i7 but it was only like $50 more than a i5 so why not?

videocards are rape, ended up with an asus 1050 ti
    16gig of ddr4
    got a hdd for backup
    some cheap msi board (never was a fan, but i'm sure it'll be ok)
    MSI boards are good. I don't think you'll have any regrets. They're probably my second choice, behind Gigabyte. OEM intel boards are good too, but not for extreme overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 607 Posts

my memories of msi were they were overclockers boards, and often shit the bed because of or maybe in-spite of that, but that memory is from like 2000+. I guess everything is always moving around for whats good and what is shit. maxtor, seagate, western digital, ibm, have all been the best and worst hard drives on the market at various points in my life. The only brand i swore I would never buy again was Abit (friends and i bought boards off them from ncix cuz they had a raid board right when that came out for not a bad price, like 260-280 which was $$$$$$ but for what it had, and 'quality' couldn't be beat. ya, they lasted just as long as the warranty + like 1 day for all of us, bullshit), and I never will have to be tempted to break that promise to myself cuz they went under eventually.

I used to be an asus whore from the 90s until mid 2000s. i had one of those bad cap boards from like 05+, and that thing lasted years after it started bleeding. eventually only one ram slot worked cuz all the others shit the bed, several usb slots stopped working, had like 5+ caps that leaked half their shit out, only one pci slot worked, the onboard nic died so I had to use the pci slot for a network card ...and yet the computer worked fine until eventually the videocard shit hte bed and I decided to upgrade everything. I loved how long that thing lasted with giant visual problems that should have caused it to instantly die, but the bad cap thing also made me see what else was out there for my next board.

My last 2 boards were gigabyte and while eventually they shit the bed after 4+ years, they worked absolutely perfect up until the day they randomly died. I was hoping for a gigabyte again (funny because they used to be known as the worst of the worst) but 7th gen stuff is kinda slim pickings so that's how i ended up with the msi. for $140, i figure it already owes me nothing as that is dirt cheap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zhao For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (March 6th, 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA... Yes. That's what we bought. Technically it's the farms truck, and not mine. I'm still rockin' my #RAM. And I'll buy another #RAM when I'm done with this one. But I was given a choice of this GMC 3500 or a Ford F350... So I chose the lesser of 2 evils.
    i was worried we would see the end of the #RAM posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KennyJames For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (March 6th, 2018)

Thanks

MSI boards are good. I don't think you'll have any regrets. They're probably my second choice, behind Gigabyte. OEM intel boards are good too, but not for extreme overclocking.
    Audi

Which one would you recommend? For around the $1000 mark

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B071JLXGCW/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.ca/Asus-FX53VD-Ga...+gaming+laptop
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    There were some snowfalls where I couldn't justify bringing out the big snow blower, but it was more snow than I wanted to actually shovel. This blower is fucking perfect too. Nice 2 stroke engine so super low maintenance. Only issue is that it takes premix which is a PITA to make.
    The 60V is supposed to have similar outputs to a gas-jobbie, and is much easier to handle/lift/operate than a backpack model (primarily for the wife to clear our 1500sqft driveway while I'm out of town haha).

Had to shovel the bitch twice this weekend as the snow was too much... now I'm tempted to pay for a heated driveway when Parkwood smashes it out and replaces it this summer.

Thanks

The one we built is still chugging along nicely, with 16 gigs of DDR3 now and a GTX 970.

But fuck me, are graphics cards expensive now. The Fucking crypto currencies are raping the prices.

What would you suggest to replace the olí i5-2500K? Itís still a trooper from what I read.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QPDO View Post
    The 60V is supposed to have similar outputs to a gas-jobbie, and is much easier to handle/lift/operate than a backpack model (primarily for the wife to clear our 1500sqft driveway while I'm out of town haha).

Had to shovel the bitch twice this weekend as the snow was too much... now I'm tempted to pay for a heated driveway when Parkwood smashes it out and replaces it this summer.
    Just checked out the specs and your blower can blow wind at a max of 129mph (175 with a concetrated nozzle, but this isn't practical as it reduces the output stream) and 423 CFM, whereas, the echo can do 234mph and 756 CFM. Granted, the echo is more than twice the price of the electric blower so it all depends what you want/need.

I saw Dana's (the darkside -I am not willing to spell this backwards) in action and wanted one lol I don't need it, but it sure is fun! There went $700 down the drain.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post
    The one we built is still chugging along nicely, with 16 gigs of DDR3 now and a GTX 970.

But fuck me, are graphics cards expensive now. The Fucking crypto currencies are raping the prices.

What would you suggest to replace the ol’ i5-2500K? It’s still a trooper from what I read.
    that's a legitimate reason to buy a pre-built from what i hear because those prices haven't gone up like the graphics cards have
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    my memories of msi were they were overclockers boards, and often shit the bed because of or maybe in-spite of that, but that memory is from like 2000+. I guess everything is always moving around for whats good and what is shit. maxtor, seagate, western digital, ibm, have all been the best and worst hard drives on the market at various points in my life. The only brand i swore I would never buy again was Abit (friends and i bought boards off them from ncix cuz they had a raid board right when that came out for not a bad price, like 260-280 which was $$$$$$ but for what it had, and 'quality' couldn't be beat. ya, they lasted just as long as the warranty + like 1 day for all of us, bullshit), and I never will have to be tempted to break that promise to myself cuz they went under eventually.

I used to be an asus whore from the 90s until mid 2000s. i had one of those bad cap boards from like 05+, and that thing lasted years after it started bleeding. eventually only one ram slot worked cuz all the others shit the bed, several usb slots stopped working, had like 5+ caps that leaked half their shit out, only one pci slot worked, the onboard nic died so I had to use the pci slot for a network card ...and yet the computer worked fine until eventually the videocard shit hte bed and I decided to upgrade everything. I loved how long that thing lasted with giant visual problems that should have caused it to instantly die, but the bad cap thing also made me see what else was out there for my next board.

My last 2 boards were gigabyte and while eventually they shit the bed after 4+ years, they worked absolutely perfect up until the day they randomly died. I was hoping for a gigabyte again (funny because they used to be known as the worst of the worst) but 7th gen stuff is kinda slim pickings so that's how i ended up with the msi. for $140, i figure it already owes me nothing as that is dirt cheap.
    I remember "back-in-the-day" when everybody said Gigabyte was shit. But man, fuck them. I've been using almost exclusively Gigabyte since... forever. I remember like 18-20 years ago... Buying Gigabyte boards with VIA chipsets... KT133, KT266, KT400, etc. I've only had 1 Gigabyte board fail on me, and it's the one in my current PC, which hasn't been touched in almost 3 years. Any previous board that failed was due in part to something I CAUSED... Shorting something out, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyJames View Post
    i was worried we would see the end of the #RAM posts
    Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    The ASUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEVO View Post

What would you suggest to replace the ol’ i5-2500K? It’s still a trooper from what I read.

Might as well just go for the latest and greatest. 8th-generation stuff is out now. So an i5-8500K would be the equivalent. It'll be a pretty huge upgrade. Some form of Z370 gigabyte board. Gaming5 or some such.

And yes, fuck Crypto-miners. It's impossible to get a videocard right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.