Blackout

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Styrofoam Recycle

Default Styrofoam Recycle

Where do you recycle styrofoam in this city? According to the city of Edmonton's website, it goes in the garbage for landfill . I have a couple of bags worth of packing styrofoam to get rid of.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

You can't recycle styrofoam...
    Last edited by MX5 Miata Guy; June 10th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.

Edmonton does not have strofoam recycle yet.

You can always melt it down and make some napalm

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy...reathe-Napalm/

Quote Originally Posted by MX5 Miata Guy View Post
    You can't recycle strofoam...
    Whats with the big recycle logo on it then? Are they lying?

I went to the Eco center with a bunch of styrofoam, and they told me it was part of my personal garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeDragon View Post
    Everyone loves Clem, if you don't then you support the terrorists ... and kicking puppies.
    2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo / 1997 Ford Ranger XLT

Strange thing is, Sherwood Park and Edmonton both use the same facilities for recycle/waste disposal/etc, yet Sherwood Park tells you to put styrofoam with your recycle, while Edmonton tells you it has to go in the garbage

Quote Originally Posted by civicgirl View Post
    Strange thing is, Sherwood Park and Edmonton both use the same facilities for recycle/waste disposal/etc, yet Sherwood Park tells you to put styrofoam with your recycle, while Edmonton tells you it has to go in the garbage
    When I lived in Westlock, you had to seperate your recyclables, but they took styrofoam too.

Edmonton's currently stock-piling (big hole in the ground) styrofoam for future gasification, but I don't know why they officially don't consider styrofoam in their recycling program.

Edmonton doesn't currently have a market for recycled Styrofoam. The reason why Sherwood Park does it is because their city council doesn't understand the economics of recycling. They'd rather contaminate their valuable recyclables for the sake of public image than effectively recycle their products.