CrackMasters

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car dealer fake invoices

Default Car dealer fake invoices

This was mentioned in another thread about someone asking when the best time to buy a new car is. But the thread seems to be gone now.

I know a few guys who were ex salesman said that a car dealership would never show a customer a fake invoice to trick them into thinking they are only paying 500$ above cost or whatever. Well I just test drove a new Grand Cherokee today, MSRP was 54.5k, salesman brings up stock code on the computer and shows me the "Vehicle cost" which he said is their cost. It was 51k. I was born on a Wednesday, but it wasn't last fucking wednesday. This quite clearly seemed like horseshit to me. And the guy told me that all he gets is flat commission so he will get the vehicle for me as cheap as possible, which is about 52k.

Am I out to lunch to think that the dealer has a lot more room to move than that?? 2500$ doesn't seem like much on a 55k vehicle. Is this just a matter of their being no manufacturer rebates, or is the dealer down right lying to me about their cost?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
    This was mentioned in another thread about someone asking when the best time to buy a new car is. But the thread seems to be gone now.

I know a few guys who were ex salesman said that a car dealership would never show a customer a fake invoice to trick them into thinking they are only paying 500$ above cost or whatever. Well I just test drove a new Grand Cherokee today, MSRP was 54.5k, salesman brings up stock code on the computer and shows me the "Vehicle cost" which he said is their cost. It was 51k. I was born on a Wednesday, but it wasn't last fucking wednesday. This quite clearly seemed like horseshit to me. And the guy told me that all he gets is flat commission so he will get the vehicle for me as cheap as possible, which is about 52k.

Am I out to lunch to think that the dealer has a lot more room to move than that?? 2500$ doesn't seem like much on a 55k vehicle. Is this just a matter of their being no manufacturer rebates, or is the dealer down right lying to me about their cost?
    www.carcostcanada.com
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Current: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post

Sounds completely reasonable, quit thinking everyone is out to screw you and try to accept that there are some honest people around.

Quote Originally Posted by chubs80 View Post
    Sounds completely reasonable, quit thinking everyone is out to screw you and try to accept that there are some honest people around.
    Lol at thinking dealerships are honest

There are no rebates on Grand Cherokees. The price point dropped 4-5k on all trim levels since 2010. Mark up is a couple grand on them. I work for Chrysler (derrick) so whoever you spoke to (not sure which dealer, sounds like go auto since they are the only dealers paying sales peoples flats no matter the price) was actually telling the truth. As chubbs80 said, stop thinking the world is out to get you. I bet I could beat goauto's price by $1000 though, they have a higher pac/roll up But why would I want to on a 54k unit like that? If you want to buy a Gr.Cherokee though in all seriousness, I would be happy to sell you one. I've sold quiet a few people on these boards. Just send a pm if you are interested.
    Last edited by prudzzz; August 28th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

They are there to pay for there overhead , Not to help you get a deal lol , i've seen the real prices they pay for new vehicles and its dirt dirt dirt cheap

7. Default

If you think that it's too much, go to another dealership. Cross reference there prices and go from there. Offer them 45. Worse they can say is no.

The 51K is not their prices guaranteed but it's probably what they would like to sell it for to make margins. If they sold everything at their prices they would be out of business. Do you think the pretty receptionist and power stays on for free?

^ Oh shit!!! He found out about our super secret encrypted dealer code! So confusing we confuse ourselves and hide it from revenue Canada and the rest of the eyes watching our practices 24/7!!!

edit* The post above this post.

OP, if you are actually in the market for a Gr. Cherokee and need a hand, shoot me a pm. I'll step out of the convo at this point. These things always go out of control and are filled with so much misinformation. BTW i've worked there for 3 years, know the product, have helped many from this board, and have some good feedback
    Last edited by prudzzz; August 28th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prudzzz View Post
    ^ Oh shit!!! He found out about our super secret encrypted dealer code! So confusing we confuse ourselves and hide it from revenue Canada and the rest of the eyes watching our practices 24/7!!!

edit* The post above this post.
    Is this at me or flipper ?