Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: E46 M3 Turbo Build

Thanks

Default E46 M3 Turbo Build

I made a build thread a year ago but my plans to build the car fell through. It's a new year and it's about damn time I get this damn thing done because talk is cheap.

UPDATES ON PAGE 8

The build is being done by LAB22 out of Portland Or.
    https://www.facebook.com/lab22

The starting point.
    2001 BMW M3 (E46) Carbon Black on Black. It is, for the most part, completely stock. I have changed the BMW emblems from the Classic blue and white roundel to a white and carbon fiber roundel, I also changed all of the ///M Logos from the classic light blue/blue/red colors to monochrome. Other exterior mods include painted reflectors and smoked side markers as well as some angel eyes.

OEM Specifications

-M-tuned S54 Engine 333 hp
    -Torque- 262 ft/lb
    -0-100 km/h (62 mph) — 4.8 seconds
    -1/4 Mile - 13.0 sec @ 104 mph (167 km/h)
    -Top Speed -155 mph (249 km/h) (electronically limited), 170 mph (270 km/h) (delimited)
    - Curb weight-3,415 lb

Current Modifications

-KW V2 Coilover
    -Vorshlag Camber Plates
    -Autosolutions SSK
    -Carbon Fibre Roundels
    -Piano Black Grills/Side grills
    -Smoked Corner Markers/Side Markers

Planned Modifications

-Built Motor
    -Forged Rods
    -Forged Pistons
    -ARP Headstuds
    -Precision 6766
    -Custom Tubular Manifold
    -Custom Intake Manifold
    -Custom 4inch Turbo back Exhaust
    -ID 2000 Injectors
    -E85 Fuel System w/flex fuel sensor
    -Radium Engineering Catch Can
    -Radium Engineering Surge Tank
    -Brembo 6pot front 380mm 4Pot rear.
    -Hybrid Motor/tranny/diff mounts
    -DSS Axels
    -Assortment of vanos parts
    -Full Standalone ECU
    -AFR Gauge
    -Boost Gauge
    -Cor Concord 5 spoke wheels

Most of this stuff is confirmed for what I am using. THere are a few parts I may decide to switch up such as injectors depending on how they handle the E85. My goal horsepower on E85 is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 750whp but I have a strong suspicion that this build is going to give me more than that. I haven't really decided what I'm going to run for a compression ratio but we'll see I'm going to be having a pretty in depth discussion with my tuner in the coming weeks.

I'm sure I'm missing stuff but I'll add it as it comes to me.

Before Pictures

Last edited by M3GUSTA; June 8th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Thanks

There's no e85 around here. But since your planing again, you'll need more fuel system. Run 10.5 to 1 compression. And get a clutch that can hold over 700lbs torque.
    I think you better off with a meth kit in Alberta. 9.0 compression...
    |dyno qween e36 Bmw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtVqp3O1RDQ | 2003 ram cummins 1/4 12.7@107mph | 2010 genesis | 2006 kawasaki zx14 | 2004 suzuki gsxr600| 1979 suzuki sp370 | proj 1980 camaro |

Thanks

Meth in my opinion is unreliable. I've seen two of my friends blow motors and a few others have their meth systems fail. I Can get E85 by the barrel from VP if need be. I'm currently working on another source for much cheaper than 700/barrel.
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Thanks

Baseline Dyno

Pretty Impressed. Most of these cars only dyno 285-290 so It was a litte higher than expected. Not like it matters lol.

524609_159869340844185_1064734429_n.jpg

Wheels got a fresh Powder coat.

599133_10151143164115665_36062324_n.jpg
    Last edited by M3GUSTA; April 29th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks

Glad to see youre moving forward finally Dallas. You opted not to go hpf? How come? Just wondering... I am sure there are contributing factors, I know Marcus had obviously had serious issues there but Kenton is quite happy with his isnt he? Are you going proefi than? Saad? Come on need more info haha. I am happy you finally are able to pull the trigger on your setup. Nothing better than having a boosted m. I am very happy with my sc e36m but know that the boost bug ultimately isnt happy sc'd. Turbo is definately in the back of my mind, but am very happy at near 400 whp.... For now haha

Thanks

Looking forward to this more than any other build.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmw323 View Post
    Glad to see youre moving forward finally Dallas. You opted not to go hpf? How come? Just wondering... I am sure there are contributing factors, I know Marcus had obviously had serious issues there but Kenton is quite happy with his isnt he? Are you going proefi than? Saad? Come on need more info haha. I am happy you finally are able to pull the trigger on your setup. Nothing better than having a boosted m. I am very happy with my sc e36m but know that the boost bug ultimately isnt happy sc'd. Turbo is definately in the back of my mind, but am very happy at near 400 whp.... For now haha
    Kenton is happy with his car but has separated himself a bit from HPF. His car is slowly getting more custom. He just finished installing his E85 setup. Marcus' ordeal with hpf and then ProEFI/Saad was more stress for one person to handle. I think hes seeking out new options now to have his car dialed in. HPF's kits are great kits. The are tried, tested and true. I wanted to go a more custom route and change some things that HPF did and get much more for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by seevik View Post
    Looking forward to this more than any other build.
    Stay tuned, I should have some major updates in the next week or so

Thanks

Subbed because this is going to be amazing.
    My Site
    My Flickr
    Always up for a shoot, send a PM

Thanks

Yeah I definately agree that you could get more for your moneies... Looks like you know exactly what you want, look forward to seeing the progress any thoughts when your completion date might be? Mid summer? Subbed
    Last edited by bmw323; April 29th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.