Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: E46 M3 Turbo Build

Thanks

Sounds like it's going to be a monster Dallas! I'm a noob when it comes to BMW, but I do know they aren't cheap to build. What type of budget does a project like this take? What's your end goal? A street/drag/race car? Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Jamie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmw323 View Post
    Yeah I definately agree that you could get more for your moneies... Looks like you know exactly what you want, look forward to seeing the progress any thoughts when your completion date might be? Mid summer? Subbed
    If everything goes good I should have it mid June. I have a little something special I'm putting into the car that I can't really talk about at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Sounds like it's going to be a monster Dallas! I'm a noob when it comes to BMW, but I do know they aren't cheap to build. What type of budget does a project like this take? What's your end goal? A street/drag/race car? Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Jamie
    To be honest I don't think it's much more than any other full build out there. My car will be the equivalent of an HPF stage 3 which is about 30K +install. I'm getting the whole thing done for much cheaper than that.

I think my main goal is going to be Street/Road race. I'll probably show up to street legals with it on occasion but it won't be built for that at all.
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlelemental View Post
    Meth in my opinion is unreliable. I've seen two of my friends blow motors and a few others have their meth systems fail. I Can get E85 by the barrel from VP if need be. I'm currently working on another source for much cheaper than 700/barrel.
    Lol meth is far from unreliable. Your friends blowing their motors on meth has nothing to do with the meth itself and probably more to do with the tune. I put tons of meth through my cobra with no issue. It is great for pump gas builds and keeps things safe. E85 is going to be so expensive and a pain to run. I would not discount meth until you talk to some people that uses it properly IMO. My car picks up over 70 rwhp over it being tuned on just 94 pump. Plus the fact that it is dirt cheap and can be bought at a paint store or hardware store if your in a pinch makes it a great source of added octane.

04 T76 Hellion Cobra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    Lol meth is far from unreliable. Your friends blowing their motors on meth has nothing to do with the meth itself and probably more to do with the tune. I put tons of meth through my cobra with no issue. It is great for pump gas builds and keeps things safe. E85 is going to be so expensive and a pain to run. I would not discount meth until you talk to some people that uses it properly IMO. My car picks up over 70 rwhp over it being tuned on just 94 pump. Plus the fact that it is dirt cheap and can be bought at a paint store or hardware store if your in a pinch makes it a great source of added octane.
    I should clarify. I didn't mean meth itself. I meant the components. I just don't want my meth pump to fail when I'm 25+lbs of boost. THere are failsafes built in with the tune but I mean you still chance blowing something up. Another added bonus is the fact I wouldn't have to drain my tank when switching to E85, where as with race gas you woud have to rain your tank. Like I said I'm going to be talking with my tuner this week regarding fueling so we can come up with the solution that best fits my needs.
    Last edited by M3GUSTA; April 30th, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Thanks

Don't they have pretty good fail safes the good kits? Like pulling timing or switching maps when there is a fault or low meth?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuZZZie View Post
    Don't they have pretty good fail safes the good kits? Like pulling timing or switching maps when there is a fault or low meth?
    They do, but shit happens. I've seen it happen twice in the last 12 months lol. The HPF Meth kits are very problematic which makes me feel like I need to stay away from it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlelemental View Post
    I should clarify. I didn't mean meth itself. I meant the components. I just don't want my meth pump to fail when I'm 25+lbs of boost. THere are failsafes built in with the tune but I mean you still chance blowing something up. Another added bonus is the fact I wouldn't have to drain my tank when switching to E85, where as with race gas you woud have to rain your tank. Like I said I'm going to be talking with my tuner this week regarding fueling so we can come up with the solution that best fits my needs.
    My fail safe works so if I run out of meth or my pump fails it closes my wastegate and only makes 10 psi which is perfectly safe on pump for me. I run a simple snow stage 2 with a labonte failsafe. I have 2 turbo cars on meth other car is upper 600's aswell and they both have gone through tons of tanks with no issue. I have 4 friends that have all run meth with no issues all making north of 750 rwhp. Your scaring yourself out of a good cheap fuel source when in fact it is a great option.

No sure what is going on with your friends but it is safe to say they are doing something wrong or their failures are caused a shitty meth kit maybe even something completely unrelated.

04 T76 Hellion Cobra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by younggun View Post
    My fail safe works so if I run out of meth or my pump fails it closes my wastegate and only makes 10 psi which is perfectly safe on pump for me. I run a simple snow stage 2 with a labonte failsafe. I have 2 turbo cars on meth other car is upper 600's aswell and they both have gone through tons of tanks with no issue. I have 4 friends that have all run meth with no issues all making north of 750 rwhp. Your scaring yourself out of a good cheap fuel source when in fact it is a great option.

No sure what is going on with your friends but it is safe to say they are doing something wrong or their failures are caused a shitty meth kit maybe even something completely unrelated.
    Thanks for the input. I'll definitely bring it up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuZZZie View Post
    This.

Op it's the same as worrying about a fuel pump shitting the bed on a 5th gear wot pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    So fuck you maverick.