Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: E46 M3 Turbo Build

Quote Originally Posted by beans333 View Post
    This.

Op it's the same as worrying about a fuel pump shitting the bed on a 5th gear wot pull.
    Or a injector not opening or wastegate line comes off... There are too many variables. Most of us with huge power understand that you have to pay to play. I've been running meth for over 3 years now. Sure running race gas would be ideal but its too much money. In the end if one doesn't want to deal with these issues, keep the car stock. Just make sure you research the shit out of everything you put in Dallas. Don't believe everything you read on the forums.

Goodluck with the build. Looks like a killer build.

R.K.
    My answer/post, always overrides noobs and members here less time than me.

One thing I know if whatever Dallas decides in the end will be best for him. I know he is well versed enough in the boosted bmw community and has enough first hand experience individuals who have big power bmw builds. Looking forward to seeing this come together!

360whp

Quote Originally Posted by bmw323 View Post
    One thing I know if whatever Dallas decides in the end will be best for him. I know he is well versed enough in the boosted bmw community and has enough first hand experience individuals who have big power bmw builds. Looking forward to seeing this come together!
    What kind of first hand experience? No disrespect, but does op know what parts to get should he go e85? It's going to take a lot more then just injectors and sensors. That turbo on a built engine could do 900+hp and torque on ethanol.

I'll help with the parts list........... hold on...
    Add these.
    Weldon 2345 fuel pump, or tripple denso's, or 3x 044's, or biggest mangna fuel, enough fuel flow for 180-250gph
    Weldon fuel pressure regulator,
    steel mesh prefilter and post filter.
    Mix of large fuel line that can handle e85, (-10 range)

what does hpf do? dual stump the factory tank? If it's not done right, you'll starve one side of the fuel tank.
    Last edited by v8less; April 30th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    |dyno qween e36 Bmw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtVqp3O1RDQ | 2003 ram cummins 1/4 12.7@107mph | 2010 genesis | 2006 kawasaki zx14 | 2004 suzuki gsxr600| 1979 suzuki sp370 | proj 1980 camaro |

Quote Originally Posted by RADRIDE View Post
    Or a injector not opening or wastegate line comes off... There are too many variables. Most of us with huge power understand that you have to pay to play. I've been running meth for over 3 years now. Sure running race gas would be ideal but its too much money. In the end if one doesn't want to deal with these issues, keep the car stock. Just make sure you research the shit out of everything you put in Dallas. Don't believe everything you read on the forums.

R.K.
    I approve this message....

04 T76 Hellion Cobra

What turbine are going with on the 6766?

Also, CP pistons all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw323 View Post
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by v8less View Post
    What kind of first hand experience? No disrespect, but does op know what parts to get should he go e85? It's going to take a lot more then just injectors and sensors. That turbo on a built engine could do 900+hp and torque on ethanol.

I'll help with the parts list........... hold on...
    Add these.
    Weldon 2345 fuel pump, or tripple denso's, or 3x 044's, or biggest mangna fuel, enough fuel flow for 180-250gph
    Weldon fuel pressure regulator,
    steel mesh prefilter and post filter.
    Mix of large fuel line that can handle e85, (-10 range)

what does hpf do? dual stump the factory tank? If it's not done right, you'll starve one side of the fuel tank.
    I'll be running Radium Surge Tank, Radium Fuel Rail, PTFE fuel lines, Fuelab regulator and filter...fuel pumps are mounted in the Radium MPFST which are two walbro 400 E85 fuel pumps. I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of whats required to run E85. Oh and I'll be running ID 2000's as well.

HPF uses a single in tanks pump and an inline pump as well. No cars have ever left their shop running E85.
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Quote Originally Posted by RADRIDE View Post

R.K.
    I plan on being stateside plenty with my car. There are a few airport events I'm going to attend and a couple of track weekends. E85 is not going to be hard for me to get down there. I have also sourced E98 for $450/barrel. I'm still not discounting the Meth option but I'm still leaning more towards E85.

Most of the parts I'm choosing are due to other people trial and error. I have spent the last two years deciding exactly how I want this to go.

Thanks for the Support Rad!
    970hp | Full Flex Fuel | AEM Infinity Standalone | Radium Fuel System | Borgwarner S467 FMW

Here's some important things to know about running E85 which often is neglected:

http://www.injectordynamics.com/AlcoholArticle.html

I still think you'll run out of pumps, but 750 should be doable.
    Those flow around 65gph each at around 80 psi.
    Good luck with your build. Would be nice to see another boosted bummer.
    Last edited by v8less; April 30th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.