First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another 'Recommend a Realtor' thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    She had a clause in her deal with him that if the seller didn't pay full commission to her the buyer had to top it up out of his own pocket.

I guess this is a standard thing to do to unsuspecting customers. I recent bought a townhouse and that was one of the clauses a realtor tried to get me to sign if I wanted to proceed. As a buyer, I had to pay for half of commission first then go after the seller to pay it back or something, if the deal fell through and I lost the bid on the property I still had to pay a percentage of the total price to my realtor. Also if I choose to go with another realtor within 3 months after signing, I would have to pay the first realtor commission too...just a bunch of "you owe me money if...".

I went to Radivoje Ugljesic at Remax as he came recommended by some friends and he was great. Didn't try to pull any shit on me, found us a great place in a price range we wanted, fought to lower the price as much as possible, and I paid him nothing out of my pocket. And now 3-4 months later I am trying to join the condo board but I really have no experience with it, so he's helping me out with numerous questions I have, also for free. Just a pleasant person to deal with.

Thanks

In the city my guy is Corey Sylvester. He's always on the ball and I appreciate that he is a property investor so he helps me find what I'm looking for from that perspective.

In the rural areas, on Corey's referral, we used Jason Tkachuk to buy a farm. He's a 3rd generation farmer from the region. Also a broker so he is licensed to have agents work for him. He was immaculate the whole deal, helping us adjust to nuances with rural living and helped shape our successful offer at 10k under asking price with another bid on the table and one pending (we started out 20k below asking haha). Very helpful even after the deal. He's pledged to bring his skid steer over for a day to help us with some dirt work in the spring.

I'd recommend these guys to anyone in a heart beat.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

In my opinion, you should find a realtor that specializes in the product you are interested in.

If you're looking for a condo downtown. I would recommend a completely different realtor than if you are interested in a skinny in Forest Heights, or a full fledged house in Meadowlark.

Before I could accurately answer your question, what are you looking to buy in the west end?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
    In my opinion, you should find a realtor that specializes in the product you are interested in.

If you're looking for a condo downtown. I would recommend a completely different realtor than if you are interested in a skinny in Forest Heights, or a full fledged house in Meadowlark.

Before I could accurately answer your question, what are you looking to buy in the west end?
    Whose question? The OP is from 2013.
    Am I missing a more recent question?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Whose question? The OP is from 2013.
    Am I missing a more recent question?
    You are 100% correct. I flipped through the date on the most recent comments, however didnt realize this thread was so old... brutal. My bad haha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

Just filling out taxes to claim the thief fee from a 2017 sale. Were the realtors supposed to give me a receipt or some sort of tax form for the $10k+ that they "provided such a valuable service" for me?

Also, [Thanks Button] on that "whoa playa" rant.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

I bought my place back in 2013/2014... Is it too late to claim the first-time home buyers tax credit?

Also... When filing my taxes I kept getting warnings about "if I had sold my primary residence" but I haven't sold anything. I'm still living there. Wonder what gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shermanem1 View Post
    Iksan Elshat from Realty Executives Polaris. He listened to what we wanted and was very helpful to us. i'd highly recommend him.
    I went to school with Iksan. He's a super honest/nice guy -always had that reputation. Good to see his name still around!
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)