Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good work boots for summer

Default Good work boots for summer

I'm starting a new job soon and i need some steel toe shoes (or whatever they use these days) They need to breath (very important) and very comfortable. Will spend up to $200 unless you point out something that has the "wow" factor. What features am i looking for/do i need? Thx

Do they need to be a certain height? ie:6",8"....etc.

Certain type of soles?

Most decent steel toe work boots will exceed $200
    Sig violation - size

i think full sole to toe. doesn't matter what height. Also coveralls for the summer that breathe good.
    Last edited by equlizer; April 9th, 2014 at 09:33 PM.

I have the Dakota Quad Comfort and like them a lot. Marks has them for about $170

Do they need to be waterproof or are you working inside. Where you will be working will be the biggest factor in what you should get.
    Sig violation - size

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
    I have the Dakota Quad Comfort and like them a lot. Marks has them for about $170
    I will check them out, thx

My vote is a good set of red wings, great warranty and really comfy. Get the ones actually made in the us still.

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    My vote is a good set of red wings, great warranty and really comfy. Get the ones actually made in the us still.
    I went through 2 pairs of Red Wings($330 a pair) in less than 14 working days. The soles split/cracked on both pairs. Which made them to be no longer waterproof. I bought them from Marks, so I returned them and now wear a pair of Dakotas. I've had these for probably 5 months. They are still like new.

Viberg are by far the best boot built today. That are awesome for summer because that have no liner, cloth, felt inner sole. Just hand made from leather with Vibram soles. If you can find them, get them. It's the only boot I have that has lasted more than 6 months. I have had them for 3 years now, 2 years of that was being a field mechanic on construction equipment.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.