1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Ending Fault in Quebec?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 764 Posts

Default Rear Ending Fault in Quebec?

What part of this story am I missing? How did this stationary vehicle leap into the biker's path? What possible circumstances would make this her fault?
    http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2682200/

Transcript:

A woman who stopped to help a group of ducklings on the side of the road in 2010 has been found guilty of causing the deaths of a motorcyclist and his passenger daughter who slammed into her parked car on a Montreal-area highway.

Emma Czornobaj was convicted Friday on two counts of criminal negligence causing death and two counts of dangerous driving causing death.

Czornobaj, 25, was charged after Andre Roy, 50, and his daughter, Jessie, 16, were killed.

Roy's motorcycle slammed into Czornobaj's car, which was stopped in the left lane of a provincial highway in Candiac, south of Montreal.

His daughter was riding on the back of the motorcycle when the collision happened on June 27, 2010.

Pauline Volikakis, the wife and mother of the two victims, was in court to hear the verdict.

She was following her family on her own motorcycle when the collision occurred.

"My feelings are that it is time that we go on. This will not bring back my loved ones," she said.

Volikakis was on another motorcycle behind her husband when the collision happened. She was driving more slowly and managed to avoid injury.

A provincial police officer testified at the trial that Roy, whose speed was estimated to be from 113 km/h to 129 km/h when he applied his brakes, collided with Czornobaj's car at between 105 km/h and 121 km/h.

The jury was told the speed was higher than the prescribed 90 km/h limit on the road.

The trial heard that Czornobaj, who had three years of driving experience at the time, had stopped to rescue ducklings on the side of the road.

The professed animal lover told the court that she did not see the ducklings' mother anywhere and planned to capture them and take them home.

Czornobaj's lawyer said the defence will be pushing for no jail time because of the lack of criminal intent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    was stopped in the left lane of a provincial highway in Candiac, south of Montreal.

Thanks

Would you be alright with getting convicted of "Dangerous DRIVING Causing Death" because the most inattentive motorcycle operator on earth plowed into your parked vehicle while you weren't even in it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Would you be alright with getting convicted of "Dangerous DRIVING Causing Death" because the most inattentive motorcycle operator on earth plowed into your parked vehicle while you weren't even in it?
    I think the question should be "Why did you leave your unattended vehicle parked in the left lane of a highway?"

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    I think the question should be "Why did you leave your unattended vehicle parked in the left lane of a highway?"
    Oh, exactly. And she should get a horrible, crippling parking ticket for that along with a variety of other fines amounting to dozens, or even hundreds of dollars.
    It still doesn't make it her fault that the CNIB teamed up with the Down's Society for the first, (and only) "Let's Put Blind Tards on Motorcycles Day".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JugZ For This Useful Post:

raxe (June 24th, 2014)

Thanks

doesn't matter how you swing it, she fucked up and caused someone to hit her. unless she was broken down and could not get to the right lane, shes in the wrong. you cant tell me when that bike hit her car she didn't think "MAN I should NOT have parked there. that was dumb."
    Wow...the first AE86 I've seen in a while that doesn't have retarded camber and owned by a hipster. Good job on keeping it clean! Looks great
    9.85 @ 146mph @ Castrol. stock wheelbase, arrow pipe.

http://www.facebook.com/RepublicRacing <-- Like my racing teams page!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nismomaniak For This Useful Post:

floyd.is.pink (December 18th, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nismomaniak View Post
    doesn't matter how you swing it, she fucked up and caused someone to hit her. unless she was broken down and could not get to the right lane, shes in the wrong. you cant tell me when that bike hit her car she didn't think "MAN I should NOT have parked there. that was dumb."
    Caused someone to hit her? Explain how she used telekinesis to simultaneously:
    1.) Continue to apply the bike's throttle.
    2.) Cause the biker to look somewhere other than where he was traveling.
    3.) Cause the biker to not apply the brakes until the last nano second.
    Also, why would her being broken down change anything? Now that suddenly makes it the biker's fault that he drove into a stationary object? It doesn't matter if he rear-ended her car because it was broken, or parked or on fire, or if it was a dead moose on the road or a satellite that fell from orbit 10 minutes earlier and obstructed the road. He drove right into the back of a huge, stationary object!

Thanks

Did she have her 4 ways on? If not, she 100% fucked up.

R.K.
    My answer/post, always overrides noobs and members here less time than me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RADRIDE For This Useful Post:

LOLJDM (June 21st, 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RADRIDE View Post
    Did she have her 4 ways on? If not, she 100% fucked up.

R.K.
    Agreed, sort of. What if her battery shorted out and she couldn't activate her hazard lights? How can we suddenly shift the fault 180 from the guy that drove 100km/hr into a stopped car?