Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear Ending Fault in Quebec?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Exactly this. He was speeding because he was on a harley and it was loud. loud = speeding. harley = likes to break the law = speeding. harley = hell's angel too so he probably deserved it.

Same reason i get yelled at by some retarded soccer mom to slow the fuck down on my street when i drive a loud sports car doing literally 30kph in a 50 zone, yet can blow by her doing 50kph in my truck 5 minutes later without her even looking up.

Did you know I once did 300mph in montana? If you want to believe witness statements anyway.
    Except the fact that the accident investigator determined the speed based on the impact, and tire marks?

Thanks

the bigger issue is how little he slowed down since applying the brakes if you look at the number's they's estimating he dropped maybe 8km/h. I ride a 910lbs cruiser, and even towing my 170lbs trailer behind it, I can drop speed pretty darn fast.. he barely got his hand/foot on the brakes..

So if the car in front cut out of the lane last second with no prior indication, such as brake lights, signal, something... the bike had to be tailgating pretty darn close to have the little reaction/braking time. Plus if it was a car he was following an not a semi like I originally read, then what was he doing? If I'm following a car, I look over the car, or through windshields to see what's going on infront of the vehicle I'm behind... and if I can't.. I reposition so I can see around.. or I back off.

You can blame Duck lady all you want, but the motorcyclist has shared blame in it.

Impact speed if fairly easy to calculate, it's grade 12 physics.

Thanks

Some definitions that are related:

"Gross Negligence" means: (i) a marked and flagrant departure from the standard of conduct of a reasonable person acting in the circumstances at the time of the alleged misconduct, OR (ii) such wanton and reckless conduct or omissions as constitutes in effect an utter disregard for harmful, foreseeable and avoidable consequences...

And itís the level of risk that is a factor here. Speeding is a minute risk increase. Even distracted driving is minute compared to what she did. She parked a car on a divided highway in the middle of the left lane, and that creates a huge amount of risk someone is going to hit it, while at the same time makes it so when they do hit it, theyíll likely be severely injured or killed. Itís exactly like leaving a bear trap on a playground at recess as the time it will take for someone to be affected by will probably be measured in minutes.
    Gross Negligence = riding a motorcycle into a parked car in daylight, killing yourself and your daughter because you were watching a french girl's chest bounce while she desperately tried to get you to not crash into her parked car. Additional gross negligence as the guy continued to look elsewhere to the extent that he could only brake at the last possible instant before impact.

Fine her thousands of dollars. Suspend her license and require her to take additional driver training.
    Dig two holes for the other two while his estate pays to fix/replace her car.

It's nothing like a bear trap in a playground.
    a.) These are not children. Adults held to a higher standard.
    b.) Children don't know what a bear trap does or how it works. Adults are supposed to understand that driving into abandoned cars will harm them.
    c.) A bear trap is not something one would expect to see in a playground under any circumstances. A car is at least something you expect to see on a road.
    d.) An abandoned vehicle is easy to see in daylight. That's why people want to say the land mine should be the size of a car and the example of a giant dead moose (not a living/moving/variable/random thing). It is giant and doesn't move. Like a Civic with its door hanging open.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
    Gross Negligence = riding a motorcycle into a parked car in daylight, killing yourself and your daughter because you were watching a french girl's chest bounce while she desperately tried to get you to not crash into her parked car. Additional gross negligence as the guy continued to look elsewhere to the extent that he could only brake at the last possible instant before impact.

False, she was warning people about the ducks, not her illegally parked car.

Fine her thousands of dollars. Suspend her license and require her to take additional driver training.
    Dig two holes for the other two while his estate pays to fix/replace her car.

It's nothing like a bear trap in a playground.
    a.) These are not children. Adults held to a higher standard. - Then an adult should know not to leave a parked car in the middle of the highway.
    b.) Children don't know what a bear trap does or how it works. Adults are supposed to understand that driving into abandoned cars will harm them. - Adults are supposed to know the rules of the road which include not abandoning a vehicle in the middle of it.
    c.) A bear trap is not something one would expect to see in a playground under any circumstances. A car is at least something you expect to see on a road. - IDK about you but I don't expect to see a PARKED car in the middle of the highway.
    d.) An abandoned vehicle is easy to see in daylight. That's why people want to say the land mine should be the size of a car and the example of a giant dead moose (not a living/moving/variable/random thing). It is giant and doesn't move. Like a Civic with its door hanging open. - Again, cars aren't supposed to be abandoned on the road. There is a law about this even.

The underlined.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

then you totally misinterpreted what I said, because I never said any such thing. I said he was following the car in front, who swirved last second, and he had no where to go but right into the back of this lady's parked car.

That has no corrolation with following too close or speeding. Watch that video please as it shows exactly what I theorize happened. I dont know how to dumb things down anymore to a clearer more obvious example. And nothing I said is an outlandish example. You probably should have spent the time to read things so you didn't get so confused in this argument.
    You're right i did totally misinterpret what you had said.

I thought this paragraph from you...

"From what i've read on the accident, I'm thinking the mostlikely scenaio is that the direct cause of the accident was the car parked on the road, with the car infront of the motorcycle doing a last minute lane change narrowly missing teh parked car (this car i believe may have been distracted). The motorcycle then had no time to react, or possibly no lane next to himself to change into (or more likely did the noob thing and target fixated and tried to stop) and plowed into the parked car. I've said this more than once as the likely scenario based off everything known about the placement of things, witness declarations, and all the other crap we know (well, those who bothered to read into it know)."

...did completey correlate to following to closely and too quickly as had he given more space..... He would of had time to also make an evasive manuever.

And i have read quite a bit of the case, and no where did i see anything about there being traffic in the outside lane to prevent him from evading.

I don't know where the hell you guys are getting the idea that I'm a speed nazi or any of the other bullshit you're trying to over exaggerate. I love speeding; when the conditions permit and i will not hurt myself or others (ie i won't fucking tailgate and speed duurrrŕ).

Now if you read back, I'm actually basing anything I've been saying based only on the FACTS from the trial and I'm not adding in any other garbage or theorizing to strengthen my argument.

And i will reiterate, yes she is the number 1 cause because if she wasn't parked then obviously nothing happened.

What i am saying is this guy was to shitty of a driver to avoid this accident and a competant road user would have.
    Last edited by 67bullet; December 23rd, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 789 Posts

She got off with a slap on the wrists... And she appealed? Fuck her. I'm glad the judge denied the appeal, and said she got off too leniently in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    She got off with a slap on the wrists... And she appealed? Fuck her. I'm glad the judge denied the appeal, and said she got off too leniently in the first place.
    she got jail time for a traffic infringement that didn't involve drugs or alcohol. How is that lenient what so ever?

People often get so hung up on the result that they overlook the cause itself. In a fair world, the same conviction should apply regardless of the outcome. So if a cop had pulled over beside her to give her a ticket/penalty prior to the biker slamming into the back of her, do you really think that having a car pulled to the side of the road, despite still impeding traffic deserves jail time? Absolutely not.

The same applies for other things. Example: driving under the influence. If you drive drunk and kill someone, you will be charged with manslaughter and do time. If you drive drunk and are pulled over and busted at a checkstop, you will receive countless fines, vehicle impounded etc. etc. but you will not go to jail unless you are a repeat offender (i think). So assuming the guy who kills a pedestrian and the guy who gets busted at the checkstop are both first time offenders, why should their punishment be any different? Their actions were no different, the only difference were the surroundings that they had no control of. They both made the exact same bad decision and so they should be punished equally.

"But 780rx, the first guy KILLED people."

Yes but the other person made the exact same decision and had the exact same chance of killing someone. Solution - send em both to the slammer for 20 days to be served on weekends at their expense.

Driving under the influence should have a clearly defined punishment. Not: If you do this but this scenario that was completely out of your control (not that you had any seeing as how you decided to drive drunk) came up, you get this punishment but if that doesn't happen and this happens instead, you get fined this amount.

But wow am i off topic now.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

You're arguing with yourself at this point lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)