Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 2013 Ford Focus ST (whats a daily driver?)

Haha yeah its been a long time coming. Ill have to go through when i have time and update all the pictures. Photobucket fucked me hahah

Little sneak peak. Just waiting for the head to get back from the machine shop.

If anyone is just tuning in now and cant see the past pictures because of photobuckets gayness, install this plug in for chrome : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Well....

Finally got the motor after many many many delays. There was a lot of issues with getting here that Im not going to dive into, but after quite a battle it is ready.

Motors looking pretty nice with the shiny bits attached :

In she goes. Remind me to never work on a FWD vehicle again. Its a tight fit!

Some more parts bolted on, almost looking like a real car now :

Fun wiring up the extra 4 (of 8) injectors for the AUX fuel setup. May clean this up a bit down the road, i apologize for the mess :

My sweet color matched catch can doesnt fit in the stock location due to my billet manifold! Sad day. I have it tucked down by the front bumper now :

Bit more and tidied up a bit :

Pulled apart the previous motor! Thing was actually in great shape. Looks like just some cracked ringlands. Definitely perfect for a build. Friend ended up coming to pick it up to build up for his RS:

Pretty much ready to fire :

Unfortunately as with all builds, there was some issues.

1) My cobb accessport would not turn on. Somehow, sitting in a protective case for the last 2 years, the screen got damaged. So with that, I am unable to load up a proper base tune. The accessport has been sent back for repairs. Hoping for a quick turn around.

2)Me being retarded, I had taken off the crank pulley to put on an aftermarket one (which i didnt end up doing as there has been reports of issues). Not realizing there was a specific "alignment" that the pulley needs to go back on, the car did not want to start. After some digging found out my issue.
    Unfortunately, to re align it, i needed some timing tools from ford. Luckily my friends old lady was able to secure me the crankshaft holding tool. This allowed me to set the motor to TDC (as well as confirming with a piston height tool, aka a wooden skewer haha) I was then able to install the crank pulley properly. Sure enough the car started on the first crank.

So I was able to get the car running, ran it through its first heat cycle and break in. Super aggressive with the cam setup right now :

https://youtu.be/Mw0jg59bvys

On a side note, I ended up selling my super clean aristo. Gonna miss that car :

Buuuuut, I was able to pick up the new toy in its place :

2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Dusk Edition with the 2.8 L Duramax. Dubbed the "baby raptor"

This truck is easily the best DD I have owned so far. Between the super plush suspension to the amazing fuel mileage. This thing is sweet. I was dead set on the Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, but it just couldnt compare to the colorado.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see the Focus coming together finally! Also truck looks like an awesome daily. Everyone that I've meet that has one (strangely all white ones too) absolutely rave about them