Track Junkies

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 184 of 185 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,648 to 1,656 of 1664

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Hey peniswrinkles.

Just thought I'd update.

I'm still not in the 1000 club, but I'm getting there.

Bench: 225lbs for 5x5 (felt really strong on this actually)
    Squat: 250lbs for 5x5 (had a hard time with this)
    Dead: 300lbs for 5x5 (probably could have added even more weight, but being careful with my back)

I still haven't bothered to try 1RM's. Really... Does it matter? In my mind, it only matters if you can do it for reps.

Been taking protein/bcaa/creatine for like, just over a month now? Definitely feel like it helps. Zero problems with digestion or water retention/bloating.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I still haven't bothered to try 1RM's. Really... Does it matter? In my mind, it only matters if you can do it for reps.
    I personally believe it helps for arguable reasons.

Muscle shock, there's some argument about hormone something something, insulin levels, etc., etc. From an empirical stand point, if I shoot for my 1-RM, everything else after that will feel light(er). Technically, things should seem easier and make it easier to move up in weights... sorta... maybe. Don't try the 1-RM too often though otherwise you will fuck your shit up lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Fuck. Fuck-fuck-fuckity-fuck.

So. Yeah. I dislocated my right collarbone at my sternum while doing bench press last night.

Just doing 225lbs like normal. Not trying for a 1RM or anything. Was on my 5th rep and as I pushed up off my chest I felt (what I can only describe as) a crunch/crack. And I couldn't complete the rep.

Had to have some scrawny 14 year old kid lift the bar off me. Super embarrassing.

Spent 4-5 hours in the hospital last night. Mainly because right after I got admitted, there was some big car crash, and they where wheeling a bunch of people in on stretchers... they had to be helped first.

Around midnight the doctor finally came to see me, and said he wasn't going to do anything, he offered me T3's and I politely declined.

He said take anti-inflammatory's and rest for a couple weeks. And if the SC joint hasn't begun to feel better and/or heal itself, go see a chiropractor to get it popped back in.

Jesus fuck. How is that even a thing??? I've never heard of that before.

Fuck that, I'd get that puppy popped back in ASAP by the chiro. If it's anything like an SI joint, the longer you leave it out, over time, it may progressively become a chronic/reoccurring issue.

How can you prevent that from popping out in the future? Or can you? More warm ups? Sounds scary esp. if you were trying for a 1RM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

I'm guessing you were pushing more through your shoulders than chest. Bench press appears simple, but there is intricacies to doing it that need to be explained because you can't see it really when watching someone do it with proper form.

I can post a video I took of myself benching 225 last week. You could feel free to critique my form.

I'm just trying to think back to last night. It all happened so fast. One second I was benching, the next, I was in agonizing pain. I do remember feeling a little unstable during the first 4 reps.

I suppose, it's entirely plausible, that MAYBE I bounced the bar off my chest... That being said the bar touches my chest just below my pecs, so not really sure how that would pop something out up by my neck.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I'm just trying to think back to last night. It all happened so fast. One second I was benching, the next, I was in agonizing pain. I do remember feeling a little unstable during the first 4 reps.

I suppose, it's entirely plausible, that MAYBE I bounced the bar off my chest... That being said the bar touches my chest just below my pecs, so not really sure how that would pop something out up by my neck.

Pushing through your shoulders can put a lot of stress in that spot. That's what I was saying earlier. Your form could've looked great, but you could still be putting stress and force where u don't want it.

Guess there's nothing I can do, except take it easy, heal up... and then get back at it.