LubeFX

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 1,729 to 1,733 of 1733

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks

I always did bent over rows as a really good warm up and then topped off with a couple of heavier sets to get a good pump going during back days. There were a lot of times where I didn't get the pump that I wanted and couldn't figure out why. I'm constantly debugging my form to try and get a better pump, contraction, etc., etc. But the full benefits of bent over rows always seemed to have alluded me.

Until last week when I saw this one guy do bent over rows. He was large but not like hulking large. If he were in a competition, it would be for physique. Lats formed a nice V, shoulders were capped, no signs of roid anything, and his rear delts popped a lot too so they guy knew what he was doing. I watched him do bent over rows and when I did BoR with the barbell, the bar path was essentially perpendicular to the floor (straight up and down). Whereas this guy, the bar was always equidistant from his legs so he was pulling the bar *into* him but the path of the bar was not acting completely against gravity and not exactly perpendicular to the ground (I have this belief that for most exercises, going against gravity is the point of lifting weights so if something involves an angle, you're technically not lifting the full amount of weight as there is some side motion, etc.... this isn't a science... call it a disposition/bias).

But yeah, I learned something from someone. Happy.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I always did bent over rows as a really good warm up and then topped off with a couple of heavier sets to get a good pump going during back days. There were a lot of times where I didn't get the pump that I wanted and couldn't figure out why. I'm constantly debugging my form to try and get a better pump, contraction, etc., etc. But the full benefits of bent over rows always seemed to have alluded me.

Until last week when I saw this one guy do bent over rows. He was large but not like hulking large. If he were in a competition, it would be for physique. Lats formed a nice V, shoulders were capped, no signs of roid anything, and his rear delts popped a lot too so they guy knew what he was doing. I watched him do bent over rows and when I did BoR with the barbell, the bar path was essentially perpendicular to the floor (straight up and down). Whereas this guy, the bar was always equidistant from his legs so he was pulling the bar *into* him but the path of the bar was not acting completely against gravity and not exactly perpendicular to the ground (I have this belief that for most exercises, going against gravity is the point of lifting weights so if something involves an angle, you're technically not lifting the full amount of weight as there is some side motion, etc.... this isn't a science... call it a disposition/bias).

But yeah, I learned something from someone. Happy.
    If you wanna up your pump game with rowing anything, go to underhand grip. Or "Yates grip" as it's sometimes known since that's the way Dorian Yates always did it. Also I have a finishing exercise that I do for Lats which is what I feel is responsible for having the best back on stage at Provincials. It's a one arm seated cable row, but I do it a specific way and angle and everything that would have to be explained in person.

Thanks

I'm about 50/50 right now to try and figure things out -mix between alternating grip and underhand/yates grip. Man, that guy was such a beast back in the day. I remember buying iron man magazines with him, flex wheeler, kevin levrone, paul dillete, shawn ray, etc. Been a while since I've heard that name.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 791 Posts

I do bent-over-rows with underhanded grip and follow the path from my knees to my hips. So no, it's not a perfectly vertical lift. I just copied what other bro's at the gym were doing.

My problem is... I find myself moving my legs sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 791 Posts

Here's an interesting question... Since we're on the topic of "pumping"

When I'm doing any activity that activates the biceps... So basically all of them... I find my left bicep pumping, and my right bicep... not.

It really doesn't matter which exercise. Even with dumbbells. I am lifting the same weight, same amount of reps, but I just don't get that same feeling. Is it because I'm right-handed? Or something... Does it matter?

I mean, I'm never going to compete, but it's fairly obvious (to me, anyways) that my left bicep is slightly larger than my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.