LubeFX

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 196 of 203 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,764 of 1820

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    And it's actually good for you. Wonder how long before the medical community realizes that mistake?
    This.

Especially on a keto diet. Increased salt gives you a much much better pump.

Thanks

I wonder why Gatorade has so much sodium in it????
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    I wonder why Gatorade has so much sodium in it????

Rhetorical or curious?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Rhetorical or curious?
    Rhetorical. Anytime we did training in the heat or was longer than an hour we always had to eat saulty food and add more salt to it. When I was a medic we learned you could die of Hyponatremia. All the water in the world won’t help if you have no salt.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chris f View Post
    Rhetorical. Anytime we did training in the heat or was longer than an hour we always had to eat saulty food and add more salt to it. When I was a medic we learned you could die of Hyponatremia. All the water in the world won’t help if you have no salt.
    Werd. Salt is what's responsible for transporting water into your cells. They actually did a new study where they found that you shouldn't eat LESS than 2400mg salt per day. And the WHO recommendation is to eat no MORE than 1500! They now figure you should be eating minimum of double what the old maximum was.

Thanks

Hm, just wanted to share that before I had only been going to gym, then after I had a little operation I couldn't lift weights, so that's how I discovered yoga! It's a new world, that's true. Now I do both gym and yoga, but man if only I knew how good it feels before. Soooo, can definitely recommend to man too (somehow yoga is mostly taken seriously by women).

Thanks

Anybody know how to fix shoulder impingement issues?

Been back for a month now and I injured my left shoulder about a year ago -which was when I took a hiatus from the gym. Standing still with proper, comfortable form, my left shoulder hurts right in the (what I assume) socket. I hurt it before by going too heavy too fast -I think it because although my large muscle groups could handle the weight, everything else still needed time to ramp up.

I have been going what I think is light as well -haven't gone over 225 lbs flat bench, I'm barbell rowing 225 or less, squatting 225 or less. I was actually trying to strengthen things first. Apparently, a year off, I might need a bit more time before I get to 225 on everything.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to the_fornicator For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (November 27th, 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    You never add salt or cook with much salt, Brian? Holy shit haha that is the exact opposite of me. I fucking love sodium. Like, man, my ideal meal would be a salt lick lol
    i shouldn't say i dont cook with salt. but typically when a recipe calls for it, i dont add it, or cut down on it quite a bit.

as for salting my food, I have never added salt to a cooked meal. regardless if i cook it or someone else cooked it.

I'm not against salt, i just dont like carrying the extra weight. I feel and look bloated as hell.

On a race weekend, I make sure to take in quite a bit of salt. if I dont get enough sodium during practice, I'm pretty much useless on race day.

I think i typically go through 4-6 gaterades on a practice day.

Thanks

Regardless, you watch your sodium intake which I commend whether it be from a source of self-control or plain ol preference. I eat the fat, I eat the salt, I eat the sugar, and then I sit on the couch and marinate in my shame. One day it'll catch up to me and then I'll pull it back.

Turkey dinners at the in-laws, this is me:

At the track, I find that I cramp up a lot due to being out of shape (hence me going back to the gym) so I used to carry a box of salt in the car. When I cramp up, 2 tablespoon heapings of salt in a cup of water and bam, cramps gone -and they stayed gone.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)