Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 198 of 203 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,774 to 1,782 of 1820

Thread: Giant fitness thread

  1. #1774
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 536 Times in 365 Posts

    Default

    So, I went to the chiro today to figure out what's wrong with my shoulder. Even when I stood there in a very neutral + natural position, my shoulder felt like it was going to fall out of the socket. I guess I severely sprained my AC joint... whatever that means.

    I thought I had impeccable form too as I am a huge form-nazi. I'm going to chalk this up as rust and muscles going from doing nothing to something. I'll still lower the weights for a bit and hammer things out with ice + ibuprophen. Hope I get over this quick and get back to a regular gym schedule. Got some weights to lift!

    Nice finding: I don't know how this happened but during my year off from the gym, my arms went from 18" to 18.5" lol pretty sure it's all dim sum.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  2. #1775
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,734
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post

    Nice finding: I don't know how this happened but during my year off from the gym, my arms went from 18" to 18.5" lol pretty sure it's all dim sum.
    Dad bod does amazing things.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    So, I went to the chiro today to figure out what's wrong with my shoulder. Even when I stood there in a very neutral + natural position, my shoulder felt like it was going to fall out of the socket. I guess I severely sprained my AC joint... whatever that means.
    which chiro? lots of them are terrible....the one Eric and I use is a fucking wizard. (chiropractic on whyte)

    on that note, every time I injure myself, swimming has always helped get me back to, or close to working shape again pretty darn quick.

  3. #1776
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    400
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    Dad bod does amazing things.



    which chiro? lots of them are terrible....the one Eric and I use is a fucking wizard. (chiropractic on whyte)

    on that note, every time I injure myself, swimming has always helped get me back to, or close to working shape again pretty darn quick.
    Dr. Don a The southside chiropractic is also very good. Just off whyte ave.

  4. #1777
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 536 Times in 365 Posts

    Default

    I go to River Valley Health ATHX on the west end by 111 ave just off the Henday. I swear by their massage therapists so their chiropractors can't be too bad, right? Maybe?
    After a bit of active release therapy, my shoulder automatically felt better so they have to be somewhat on the right track I imagine. They're not the kind to get you in and push you out the door asap -they take their time.

    I might try those two places out for shits and giggles if they're opened on weekends/Saturdays. Otherwise, a bit far during business hours since I work deep SW (by Windermere Currents)

    edit: haha swimming. I would need cardio to do that.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  5. #1778
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,734
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post

    edit: haha swimming. I would need cardio to do that.
    2 for the price of 1!

    my chiro works late 2x a week and is open saturdays. I usually go on saturdays myself. guy is a riot to talk to.

  6. #1779
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 536 Times in 365 Posts

    Default

    ok that helps. I'll have to give him a should. Always nice to check out new chiros.

    After a bunch of youtube'ing in an attempt to self-diagnose my shoulder pain, everything appears to be pointing towards an AC joint issue as opposed to shoulder impingement. I hope nothing is torn. There's no bump or anything so that's a bonus. If it's just a sprain, it's acute so I'll be told to RICE it up. Otherwise, if this is going to impair my ability to workout, I might look into a bit of GH to expedite the healing process haha ever since my friend told me he tore his achilles and got GH prescribed to him resulting in him being fully recovered and doing full downward dogs in yoga classes 3 weeks post-surgery (I wasn't even full weight bearing until 3.5 months post-surgery), GH has really piqued my curiosity re: healing through injuries.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  7. #1780
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,653
    Thanks
    4,355
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 800 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    at first read, i thought you wanted to do 1000lb deadlift @ 3x10
    lolololololololololol

    seriously though, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  8. #1781
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,734
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 68 Times in 55 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    ok that helps. I'll have to give him a should. Always nice to check out new chiros.

    After a bunch of youtube'ing in an attempt to self-diagnose my shoulder pain, everything appears to be pointing towards an AC joint issue as opposed to shoulder impingement. I hope nothing is torn. There's no bump or anything so that's a bonus. If it's just a sprain, it's acute so I'll be told to RICE it up. Otherwise, if this is going to impair my ability to workout, I might look into a bit of GH to expedite the healing process haha ever since my friend told me he tore his achilles and got GH prescribed to him resulting in him being fully recovered and doing full downward dogs in yoga classes 3 weeks post-surgery (I wasn't even full weight bearing until 3.5 months post-surgery), GH has really piqued my curiosity re: healing through injuries.
    growth hormone?

    i messed up my shoulder around christmas time last year. its only now starting to get close to 100%.

    my chiro cant do anything for hte muscle other than give me advice, which was use a massage ball to release one of my muscles that was tight, which was part of the problem.

    the only thing he was able to help with was giving me the range of motion back (I couldnt raise my arm above shoulder level without pain)

  9. #1782
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 536 Times in 365 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, growth hormone. Doctors call it the serum of youth. Just a bit each day and you'll feel like you're 20 again, but too much and you end up looking like Sylvester Stallone.

    The effects of GH is bananas, though. I still can't get over how my friend was doing full downward dogs in yoga 3 weeks after whereas even though I was "full weight bearing" after 3.5 months, I still limped for a solid month after. Technically, I could go full weight bearing, but did I? Absolutely not. There was a gradient for the next 6'ish weeks where, when I got out of my cast, my left leg was useless. Think of the worst limp ever -that was me when I got out of the cast. The cut where they applied the stitches hadn't complete sealed yet after. Even 6 weeks post-cast, I still had a gnarly limp. My left calf suffered so much atrophy, that it literally looked like my skin was just a sack of milk.

    So, to expedite what would have taken 5-6 months to heal down to 2-3 weeks is nothing short of amazing.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •