1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 199 of 203 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 1,783 to 1,791 of 1820

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Yeah, growth hormone. Doctors call it the serum of youth. Just a bit each day and you'll feel like you're 20 again, but too much and you end up looking like Sylvester Stallone.

The effects of GH is bananas, though. I still can't get over how my friend was doing full downward dogs in yoga 3 weeks after whereas even though I was "full weight bearing" after 3.5 months, I still limped for a solid month after. Technically, I could go full weight bearing, but did I? Absolutely not. There was a gradient for the next 6'ish weeks where, when I got out of my cast, my left leg was useless. Think of the worst limp ever -that was me when I got out of the cast. The cut where they applied the stitches hadn't complete sealed yet after. Even 6 weeks post-cast, I still had a gnarly limp. My left calf suffered so much atrophy, that it literally looked like my skin was just a sack of milk.

So, to expedite what would have taken 5-6 months to heal down to 2-3 weeks is nothing short of amazing.

I know at least 3 other guys that cut their healing time down huge with Gh too. It also has some great fat loss properties which never hurt. It's pretty hard to go over board with the stuff, your joints would start to hurt really bad to the point you'd have to cut back. Too much will give temporary tendinitis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    Too much will give temporary tendinitis.
    Oh shit! Furious Pete has been had then! Dude just got tendinitis. Must be on GH.

Thanks

Going off of that PH3 program and eating a lot, I'm definitely seeing growth. Strength is considerably up. Muffin top is coming into play - definitely around the 18-20% mark for body fat right now.

370x3 for 3 sets, as many reps as possible on the 4th.. pushed out 5 reps.

Getting closer to a 5 plate single - but slowly.

And for Rob, doing 315 for 10 reps puts your 1RM right around 400lb. I think doing multiple reps and calculating out the 1RM is a great way to calculate overall strength in a smart way. I rarely test my 1Rm now.. it used to be every 2 weeks, I burned out mentally trying to always improve it... and if I failed for even 5lb less it was demotivating.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other7.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

Nice! You bang those plates quieter than the fuckmooks deadlifting 135 at my gym lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

That was pleasant. My shoulder is still banged up (definitely AS something -nothing bulging out so maybe just a gnarly sprain like the doc said?).

It's been feeling marginally better -the major pains are still there based on certain movements and positions but it certainly isn't as tender and sensitive as it was 1.5 weeks ago. Anyway, I went for a really, really light day today just to get things moving and I wanted to do chest because it engages my shoulder and I felt like I would have the most control vs dedicated shoulder exercises.

I realized something as I was working out. I took a year off the gym, been back for 5 weeks now (as of today). By week 4, I was able to comfortably push out 225 lbs on barbell bench. However, between shoulder and chest day, I somehow incurred the AC joint injury. During today's light day, I didn't move past 135 lbs. I did them so slowly and controlled (so that I could see which angles/elbow position/bar path/etc. hurt my shoulder) that I couldn't get past 15 reps. Certain parts hurt, but I was able to find movements that didn't -enough to get a solid workout in.

Then, it kind of made me realize... I took so much time off that maybe my larger muscle groups are strong enough to accommodate 225 lbs with in 5 weeks back but maybe my stabilizing/minor/secondary muscle groups aren't. Like, why can I do 225 flat barbell bench for 10 reps (2-1-2 tempo) but not 135 for 15 reps (it was like a 5-2-3 tempo). Kind of made me realize that maybe I should stay light for a bit. Especially on shoulder day where I was military pressing 100 lbs dummbells... that might explain a lot.

Boooooo to me being greedy.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

for those of you who buy supplements, is there anything that you wished the supplement industry offered (besides non-ridiculously marked up prices) be it through their service or through the products they offer?

One idea I had was combining two supplements often used in combination (Ie, Preworkout + creatine) and making a formula that contains both. (I know this exists already but rarely is it advertised as such. Companies would rather sell you two different products than one with both of them in it - even when creatine is cheap as dirt and basically just a filler.)
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    That was pleasant. My shoulder is still banged up (definitely AS something -nothing bulging out so maybe just a gnarly sprain like the doc said?).

It's been feeling marginally better -the major pains are still there based on certain movements and positions but it certainly isn't as tender and sensitive as it was 1.5 weeks ago. Anyway, I went for a really, really light day today just to get things moving and I wanted to do chest because it engages my shoulder and I felt like I would have the most control vs dedicated shoulder exercises.

I realized something as I was working out. I took a year off the gym, been back for 5 weeks now (as of today). By week 4, I was able to comfortably push out 225 lbs on barbell bench. However, between shoulder and chest day, I somehow incurred the AC joint injury. During today's light day, I didn't move past 135 lbs. I did them so slowly and controlled (so that I could see which angles/elbow position/bar path/etc. hurt my shoulder) that I couldn't get past 15 reps. Certain parts hurt, but I was able to find movements that didn't -enough to get a solid workout in.

Then, it kind of made me realize... I took so much time off that maybe my larger muscle groups are strong enough to accommodate 225 lbs with in 5 weeks back but maybe my stabilizing/minor/secondary muscle groups aren't. Like, why can I do 225 flat barbell bench for 10 reps (2-1-2 tempo) but not 135 for 15 reps (it was like a 5-2-3 tempo). Kind of made me realize that maybe I should stay light for a bit. Especially on shoulder day where I was military pressing 100 lbs dummbells... that might explain a lot.

Boooooo to me being greedy.
    im the opposite. all the heavy stuff i did is completely gone. (heavy for me, light the rest of you guys)

used to warm up on the bench doing 155-165, then increase up to 215 each set. now my max is 165, but i can do just as many pushups as before.

shoulders, i used to press 60lb dumbbells for 6-8 reps. now im lucky if I do 40s.

preacher curl also suffered, but not as much as the rest.

granted i never did cardio first before. i definitely feel the lack of energy after my run.

Thanks

You mentioned before, your goal isn't to put up big weights or to get big, right? So, I think naturally in keeping with that mindset, your workouts won't be geared to gradually move up in weight. So, lifting the same weight time and time again, doesn't necessarily mean you get stronger -it might to some extent, but the ROI after, say, 12 reps (arbitrary number I just made up) is negligible. Rep range in combination with your rest period will dictate what your goals are -it just might be that your workouts are currently more geared to endurance than size or strength without knowing.

If you trained to lift heavier, I'm sure you could easily get back there. Some people just don't know where their workouts are pointing them towards so reality will not align with expectation. edit: not saying this is you -jsut what I've noticed from the average gym-goer (e.g. I've been going to the gym for 6 months and I'm still lifting the same weights... but their workouts are goal-specific.)

Thanks

totally true.

im typically doing 8-10 reps now vs heavier stuff before truing to reach that 2 plate goal (then quitting right before i got there...classic brian move.)