Certified

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 210 of 212 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 LastLast
Results 1,882 to 1,890 of 1908

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks

Because there's a little bit of inherent danger to it mainly in the form of injury.

And a good spot is pretty clutch to do 1RMs. If on bench, I wouldn't try it without being in a cage with guards set *just* low enough that the barbell will press on your chest if sitting on the guards (but not crush you). Maybe try a 1RM on dumbbells -a few more emergency exits going that route.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

My form wasn't the cleanest on the 405 dead attempt. But I felt no discomfort.

Going for 1 RM on squats tonight. Will definitely have the guards up.
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Thanks

Finally went in for a dexa scan tonight. Had no idea what to expect going in. The more detailed version shows the left/right bias, which is useful so i can try to even out and retest in a few months. See how long i can keep my diet in check and hopefully add another 5lbs in muscle mass.

95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

^---- jesus. Well done. That's low BF, do you find that easy to maintain?

I've literally gotten to the point where I write "Do fucking better" on my hand so I stop eating everything in sight. And I still fail at times.

So much has changed for me in regards to fitness. These are my thoughts lately..

- My goals this summer are to be better and faster at mountain biking and hiking.
    - Repetition in the gym is great for aesthetics, but isn't doing much for my endurance.
    - It doesn't really matter how much I bench, squat or deadlift.
    - I do still want to be powerful.
    - What does matter is my V02 max, and ability to push around weight.

Even though I'm fat right now (23-25% body fat is high) I'm enjoying my overall size being 230lb at 6'2. But I'm also looking at buying a mountain bike that new retails for ~$6000 to save 15lb of weight on the bike and have better geometry to compliment my riding style. If I can cut back to 205-210 I should be sitting in the low 10's for BF and now I've saved a total of 35-40lb of weight going up hill.

Goals.. need to fucking stay dedicated and motivated to achieve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

Its hard to say. I play hockey 3-4 times a week, and I'm in the gym all 7(a couple times a week just for bike/mobility/dynamaic stretch days). When the season started in mid sept i was 176lbs and by December 1st i stepped on the scale and was 159. After seeing the 150s for the first time since high school, i said fuck that and dusted off my old meal plan. Started at 3500cals and I'm up to 38-4000 now.

Once hockey is done im going to do a 6 week hypertrophy phase and somewhat limit cardio and see where I'm at after that. I've never actually worked out to get big, I'm big on strength and power. But, i have a couple bachelor parties and a couple weddings in may/june so we'll see how in can show up for those showings LOL.

All the numbers from the dexa are great and my strength gains have been booming the last few months, but what I'm most proud of is staying true to my diet. Punching out this many cals a day all from clean food isn't easy, and ive gotten to the point where my snack food is raw veggies. That said, because of how active i am, I've had no issue putting back a few big macs or some pizza on the weekend from time to time. Especially if i miss a meal during the day.

Come summer I'll only see the ice once or twice a week so I'll be interested to see where i am june 1st and again sept 1.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

Jesus fucking christ on a god damn bicycle.

Two alpha bros were at the gym during lunch each taking turns taking videos of themselves doing various exercises. The spinner of the two couldn't say 5 words without one of them being "like". The other guy kept sticking his tongue out for the video.

Get the fuck out.

p.s. first time back in a month after taking some time off for my shoulder. I haven't lost strength which is nice (crushed 225 lbs on flat bench for 10 reps fairly easily) but I did notice that I was gassing out faster than usual afterwards (e.g. on incline after flat bench). Need to get back into it to get my endurance back up!
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 825 Posts

I missed 2 weeks because of that slip and fall on the ice. I missed another 2 weeks due to the flu. Holy fuck. Taking any amount of time off from the gym is horrible for me. I can't imagine feeling that good after a month off. I bet you're sore as shit tomorrow. lol.

And taking 2 months off last year for the dislocated shoulder... I honestly feel like that whole ordeal set back my gym training by almost a full year.

Today I feel like I'm where I was in July of last year. I guess, if in 4 months time, I'm 10% ahead of where I was, that's still progress, right? And I suppose I've learned a lot.

Lifting heavy is harder when you pay attention to form and aren't just 'tarding it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    And I suppose I've learned a lot.

Lifting heavy is harder when you pay attention to form and aren't just 'tarding it up.
    About it in a nutshell, IMO. As long as I'm learning and trying, I'm a happy camper. Funny how some people that start working out (I've helped train a few friends up on what little I do know) think... I think the most tricky thing for them to understand is that even if you've been working out for a decade, no workouts are ever the same and each rep is a little different from the last. So, each workout, you're always learning, searching, debugging, and critiquing yourself to get better. Every workout, I still make mistakes and not every rep is perfect... but I strive for it to be.

That's something people don't understand without seat/rack time.

p.s. I am pretty sore today haha not immobile by any means, but fuck do I ever miss the DOMS. Going to do a back day today and see how my shoulder feels.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 825 Posts

After not doing legs for 2 weeks, and then going back to my regular routine, I was unable to walk 2 days later. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.