Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 211 of 217 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,899 of 1945

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Anyone here ever get a rolfing massage?

http://www.rolfusa.com/rolfing.html

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

I've never heard of it. Sounds a bit hokey pokey though:

Rolfing is different from deep-tissue massage, in that practitioners are trained to create overall ease and balance throughout the entire structure, rather than focusing on areas presenting with tension. As a structure becomes more organized, chronic strain patterns are alleviated, and pain and stress decreases.
    So, it's no different from a deep tissue massage if you were to get a full body deep tissue massage regardless if it (an area of your body) were an issue at the time?
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

For some reason i was expecting the link to open a rofl copter.

On a serious note the description makes me think of some kind of hybrid between chiropractor work and a massage.
    Model View Caffeine

oh shit balls, I'm back at the gym! 3rd week back and my shoulder doesn't really bug me too much anymore. I am watching it like a fucking hawk, though. And I'm only going at about 75% effort at the moment for chest and I've also eliminated all overhead exercises for the time being -until my shoulder is at 100%.

I'm pretty damn happy about that. Squashed 225 lbs on flat barbell bench for 12 reps with ease -didn't want to push it and re-injure anything. Back was great too. Barbell rows @ 275 lbs with no issues (it was a little awkward, but no pain/discomfort) and t-bar rows @ 250 lbs no issues.

If I can keep this up, I can finally do heavy weights in 2-3 months comfortably. Maybe include some overhead shit then too.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    For some reason i was expecting the link to open a rofl copter.

On a serious note the description makes me think of some kind of hybrid between chiropractor work and a massage.
    rofl massages everywhere

Srs - yeah I was thinking the same, a mix between chiro and massage which is what peaked my interest.

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

I finally added another gym day last week. It felt great. First time in a long time that I've managed to go every 2 days. I hope I can continue to find the time and motivation. Because my diet sure as fuck isn't getting any better. And the only way I'm going to see improved results is by working harder. I also increased my deadlift by 20lbs. I've been holding off for a long time. Not because I felt I wasn't ready for the increase. But because I was worried about hurting myself. My lower back on the left side has been bothering me a lot lately. (Which is strange, because for years the only back pain I've had was always the lower right). Anyways... I decided to just buck-up and do it. Funny thing, my sore back went away after lifting heavier. Hope that continues too. haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Wonder if anyone felt like going over my workout routine and pointing out any redundancies or deficiencies in my plan?

Cardio: Down to 30 min once per week, sometimes. (Used to be 30 mins, 3 times a week, always)

Sit ups/Hanging leg-lifts: 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Shoulder Shrugs: 120lb dumb bells, 3 sets of 10 reps.

Lat pull down: 220lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps. (I weigh around 250lbs right now, so eventually I'd like to replace this with good old fashion pull-ups)

Overhead press: 125lbs bar bell, 3 sets 10 reps.

Seated Cable Row: 180lbs, 3 sets, 10 reps.

Pectoral Fly: 250lb on the "pec-deck" machine. 3 sets of 10. [I was using 35lb dumb bells, but I feel like I get more out of the machine, honestly. Perhaps switch to cable fly's instead?]

Rear Fly: 160lb on the pec-deck. 3 sets of 10.

Leg Extension: 300lbs on the machine. 3 sets of 10.

Leg Curl. 265lbs on the machine. 3 sets of 10.

Tricep Extensions: 90lb barbell or 90lb on the cable. 3 sets of 10.

Bicep Curls: 100lbs barbell or 2x50lb dumb bells. 3 sets of 10.

Squats: 250lbs, 3 sets of 10. (with 135lb warmup set)

Bench: 225lbs, 5 sets of 5. (with 135lb warmup set)

Dead: 300lbs, 3 sets of 10. (with 225lb warmup set)

Am I missing any major muscle groups? Or completely obvious exercises that everybody should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I've never heard of it. Sounds a bit hokey pokey though:

So, it's no different from a deep tissue massage if you were to get a full body deep tissue massage regardless if it (an area of your body) were an issue at the time?
    yes. slightly different. because a muscle that is tense might be originating from a different place.

for example, i had shoulders issues that were fixed from manipulation of my wrist and a muscle in my lats.

it wasn't ROLFING but chiropractor, but you get the idea.

because a muscle might be tense, doesnt always mean that's where the issue is. there could be an underlying issue elsewhere and once that's aligned, you are good to go.

on that note, I could use like 4 hours of deep tissue....getting old sucks balls.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Wonder if anyone felt like going over my workout routine and pointing out any redundancies or deficiencies in my plan?

Cardio: Down to 30 min once per week, sometimes. (Used to be 30 mins, 3 times a week, always)

Sit ups/Hanging leg-lifts: 3 sets, 15-20 reps.

Shoulder Shrugs: 120lb dumb bells, 3 sets of 10 reps.

Lat pull down: 220lbs, 3 sets of 10 reps. (I weigh around 250lbs right now, so eventually I'd like to replace this with good old fashion pull-ups)

Overhead press: 125lbs bar bell, 3 sets 10 reps.

Seated Cable Row: 180lbs, 3 sets, 10 reps.

Pectoral Fly: 250lb on the "pec-deck" machine. 3 sets of 10. [I was using 35lb dumb bells, but I feel like I get more out of the machine, honestly. Perhaps switch to cable fly's instead?]

Rear Fly: 160lb on the pec-deck. 3 sets of 10.

Leg Extension: 300lbs on the machine. 3 sets of 10.

Leg Curl. 265lbs on the machine. 3 sets of 10.

Tricep Extensions: 90lb barbell or 90lb on the cable. 3 sets of 10.

Bicep Curls: 100lbs barbell or 2x50lb dumb bells. 3 sets of 10.

Squats: 250lbs, 3 sets of 10. (with 135lb warmup set)

Bench: 225lbs, 5 sets of 5. (with 135lb warmup set)

Dead: 300lbs, 3 sets of 10. (with 225lb warmup set)

Am I missing any major muscle groups? Or completely obvious exercises that everybody should do?
    I'm assuming that you do full body workouts when you are able? Is this the order you always do things?

I do a split but I generally start with big movements like squats and presses and finish with small isolations like abs or arms.
    #RAM