1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 190 of 193 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 1,702 to 1,710 of 1733

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 791 Posts

You polesmoker... lol. Benching 275 with barely any time back in the gym? I hate you. <3

And that squat it pretty epic too.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    You polesmoker... lol. Benching 275 with barely any time back in the gym? I hate you. <3

And that squat it pretty epic too.
    That's 4 weeks back in - after 4 weeks off. I don't think 4 weeks off is a considerable amount of time.. MORE than enough to rest and recover. Maybe lose a bit of muscle or endurance, but not enough to take you out completely. Hell, that other fellow posted about his 400+ bench - that's my goal, all in perspective.

The part I'm most stoked about is my form. Bench my press is touching (Not bouncing) my chest each rep - squats are below parallel and my deadlifts are the best form I've had to date. No messing around this time. I want big numbers, but not at the sacrifice of form.
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

My bad. I honestly didn't pay attention to who was posting.

You're right, 4 weeks off is nothing. I took 8-10 weeks off with my shoulder injury. And I didn't lose too much progress.

I've also been very careful to pay attention to form since coming back.

Thanks

Man, after a year off, I started back at the gym doing 135 barbell bench, squats, and deadlifts (I seriously couldn't do more without risking injury lol everything was shaking and just weak -I work at a desk all day).

4th week back and I comfortably benched 225 barbell bench for 8 reps. So, that was nice. I like taking squats and deadlifts really slowly because I have a bit of a chronic SI issue so those are also at 225, but I will never try and gun for anything less than a 6RM on squats/deadlifts. So, I'll probably be sticking at 225 for a while for those -just try to increase reps.

Muscle memory is awesome I am having a slow, but pleasant experience back at the gym. A lot of fucking ego lifters which bugs me. I know I should pay them no mind, but it gets annoying when they get in your space or ask you for a spot.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Keep it up!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Man, after a year off, I started back at the gym doing 135 barbell bench, squats, and deadlifts (I seriously couldn't do more without risking injury lol everything was shaking and just weak -I work at a desk all day).

4th week back and I comfortably benched 225 barbell bench for 8 reps. So, that was nice. I like taking squats and deadlifts really slowly because I have a bit of a chronic SI issue so those are also at 225, but I will never try and gun for anything less than a 6RM on squats/deadlifts. So, I'll probably be sticking at 225 for a while for those -just try to increase reps.

Muscle memory is awesome I am having a slow, but pleasant experience back at the gym. A lot of fucking ego lifters which bugs me. I know I should pay them no mind, but it gets annoying when they get in your space or ask you for a spot.
    i gotta get back at it as well.

i put 3 lbs on over the weekend having some friends in town and going out to eat 3x a day

have to get back in shape for the 2018 season. i want to be a little more competitive in 2018 and i definitely wont do that with this dad bod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP2002 View Post
    I enjoyed that 5/3/1 program a lot too when I was doing it. Thoroughly enjoying the program now, just finished week 4 - went through to see if there are any improvements. Rather than testing 1RM the program asks that you go to failure on sets @ 85% of 1RM and see how many reps you can bust out. If you're trying out this program, definitely follow through until at least week 4 - there are a LOT of deadlifts, squats and presses.

Today..

Squat, previous max 405.
    85% = 345x8
    New max (Calculated) 415-420

Bench, previous max 325.
    85% = 275, hit 10 reps.
    New max (Calculated) 330-335

Deadlift, previous max 425.
    85% = 365, hit 7 reps.
    New max (Calculated) 435-440

Currently sitting at 231 today - fluctuating between 228-230 most days. Roughly 17-18% bodyfat - and a whopping 29.6% BMI (Which is a crock for sure, just find it funny)

Goal over the winter is to stay as close to 230lb as possible though I expect to his about 235-240. Weight wise I'd really like to hit a 365lb bench, 465 squat and 500lb deadlift. Consistently.

Then come April start a calorie deficit and reach 215-220 body weight.
    Are you doing the BFR portion?
    Day 1 of PH3 and I think I fucked my back for the first time ever doing deadlifts
    Last edited by Talon_66; November 16th, 2017 at 11:06 AM.
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    Are you doing the BFR portion?
    Day 1 of PH3 and I think I fucked my back for the first time ever doing deadlifts
    Can you still see the program on Bodybuilding.com? It looks like you have to pay for all of their programs now which is stupid since yesterday it was free. I would have just copied and pasted the whole thing, screen shot or something. Frustrating. I might have to pony up the $10 to get it again lol, really enjoying it.

Anyways.

Ya, I am doing the BFR portion. They're not lying when they say you get a pump out of it. Picked up some velcro straps from Canadian Tire - restrict the bloodflow and go. Somewhat sketchy, but also research driven and my arms haven't fallen off yet.
    MMMMMMMmmmmm. Your voice makes me moist.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP2002 View Post
    Can you still see the program on Bodybuilding.com? It looks like you have to pay for all of their programs now which is stupid since yesterday it was free. I would have just copied and pasted the whole thing, screen shot or something. Frustrating. I might have to pony up the $10 to get it again lol, really enjoying it.

Anyways.

Ya, I am doing the BFR portion. They're not lying when they say you get a pump out of it. Picked up some velcro straps from Canadian Tire - restrict the bloodflow and go. Somewhat sketchy, but also research driven and my arms haven't fallen off yet.
    I bought some BFR bands off Amazon.
    I downloaded an excel template of the program someone put together.
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee