First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 175 of 185 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 1,567 to 1,575 of 1661

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Surely they factor that in and the weights are actually higher, yielding an equivalent weight listed.
    Are they actually that dumb?

Nope. thatd be impossible. They use the same weight plates for all different types of machines. They aren't going to run calculations off pulley diameters and handle lengths to specially label each individual weight and make them a matched set to the machine they are on. No way to scale a product like that.

The only thing for weight stacks and cables is to look for double or single. And sometime quad stack pulleys. Lots of the time they will have double pulleys and say this is the weight per hand or something
    #RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    In all seriousness start at like 30 and go really slow.. does just as good as a job with less chance of injury.
    Or even less considering he has really long arms. I like exaggerating the rom on db flies and going super concentrated and slow.
    i also do my db flies on an incline.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Do you guys do dumbbell fly's for chest? I'm going to need a lot of free space around me for that, with a 7-foot wing span. lol. I think I'll still need a machine for rear-fly?
    Sometimes, yes. When I do, I go light -never more than 40 lb dumbbells. I just want the stretch. I don't understand the people that try to do them with 80 lbs dumbbells with turbo shit form.

Rear-fly, grab dumbbells and sit at the end of a bench and bench over. Or stand and bend over to do your reverse flys. Or find a row exercise and contract more. Or, use one half of a cable set up and do one half of your reverse fly at a time.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Or even less considering he has really long arms. I like exaggerating the rom on db flies and going super concentrated and slow.
    i also do my db flies on an incline.
    Well, I'm doing 250lbs on the machine, so... fuck me. lol.

I should be using 25lb dumbbells? All so confusing. I guess I'll find out next time I'm in the gym!

Can't go today, for two reasons. Number 1, I'm incredibly sore after my first day in the big boy section. Number 2, I'm going out of town. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Well, I'm doing 250lbs on the machine, so... fuck me. lol.

I should be using 25lb dumbbells? All so confusing. I guess I'll find out next time I'm in the gym!

Can't go today, for two reasons. Number 1, I'm incredibly sore after my first day in the big boy section. Number 2, I'm going out of town. lol
    well grab some 25s and feel it out. Do 12 or so nice, slow, deep, concentrated reps then gauge if you need more weight. For me at least, even with heavier weights, the first few are easy but once the reps get up there it gets way harder so thats why you can't just do 2 reps and decide 25s are stupid light and move on to 40s.

You sound pretty strong so you could probably do 30s but even as a warmup set, 25s would be good
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

LOL. I thought I was fairly strong. But I think I'm just "slightly-above-average" because of how freakishly large I am.

There's another dude at the gym, not quite as big as me, maybe 6'4"? And I saw him doing shoulder presses with 110lb dumbbells. Dude's a fucking beast. I want to look like him.

I saw another guy, short, kind of fat... But he was benching like 350lbs. Totally didn't look like he could.

And yet another kid, probably in his early to mid 20's, looks a lot like brock lesnar actually, but 4 feet tall instead of 7 feet tall... He was deadlifting 550lbs.

Plenty of actually strong people at the gym. Again, I'm not comparing myself to others, because... you can't. Way too many factors to take into account.

I'll just keep comparing myself to myself, at yearly intervals. As long as my lifts keep going up every month or so, I'll be happy.

Just something else I felt I needed to share... I had an epic cheat meal last night. I haven't had an "epic" cheat meal in what feels like forever.

Last night I had a couple burgers, a couple dogs, a whole platter of nachos, a bowl of nuts, several beers... to be honest, way too much to drink. At the time, it was great.

But am I ever paying the price this morning. LOL.

#YOLO

Gotta remind my body every once in a while who's boss. Can't stick to healthy foods and small portions all the time.

Also, my protein powder and creatine should be here next week. I had been holding off getting into supplements (even after we all talked about it a few months ago) because I wasn't sure I needed them or would see benefit.

But over the last few workouts, I definitely feel like I need a little extra help, like I'm reaching a plateau with my current eating and workout habits.

Switching to free weights will blast you through any plateau.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)