Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 208 of 217 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 1,864 to 1,872 of 1947

Thread: Giant fitness thread

  1. #1864
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    I fell on the ice (hard) while shoveling 2 weeks ago. I just haven't felt right since. My back has been KILLING me. I've been "powering through" my workouts in the meantime. Although I skipped dead-lift last time. Finally was in so much pain that I went to my wife's chiropractor. My SI-joint is/was out. He adjusted me with boards and wedges and shit. Chiropractic medicine has always felt like hoodoo to me, but hot damn if I didn't immediately feel better. I have 2 more appointments this week, and I'm really hoping to be back on my game again.

    Holy fuck getting old sucks. Like, why did I decide I wanted to start seriously lifting when I turned 30? Why couldn't I have been interested in weights when I was 15, instead of video games? At least when I was a teenager, I bounced when I fell.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  2. #1865
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Chiropractors help a lot man. It isn't some hemopathy bullshit. Another thing I have found is if your benefits covers it, is getting massages a few times a year like once every 3 months. Also sleep and proper nutrition will help with the age bit haha. But I do agree, I don't feel 18 any more and I am only 27 haha.

  3. #1866
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I fell on the ice (hard) while shoveling 2 weeks ago. I just haven't felt right since. My back has been KILLING me. I've been "powering through" my workouts in the meantime. Although I skipped dead-lift last time. Finally was in so much pain that I went to my wife's chiropractor. My SI-joint is/was out. He adjusted me with boards and wedges and shit. Chiropractic medicine has always felt like hoodoo to me, but hot damn if I didn't immediately feel better. I have 2 more appointments this week, and I'm really hoping to be back on my game again.

    Holy fuck getting old sucks. Like, why did I decide I wanted to start seriously lifting when I turned 30? Why couldn't I have been interested in weights when I was 15, instead of video games? At least when I was a teenager, I bounced when I fell.
    I have chronic SI issues as well. To help your SI out, honestly, stretch. The main culprits are predominantly quads, hamstrings, glutes, and hip flexors. That's why my SI always goes haywire -any of the above muscles are waaaaaaay too tight. It's possible your muscle groups might have been all out of whack and the fall on the ice might have caused you to seize up and send your SI overboard (i.e. straw that broke the camel's back). Whenever my SI goes, I do 1 stretch for each muscle group and it becomes very apparently which muscle group was the one that sent my back overboard.

    You'll know right away when you go to stretch any of those muscle groups -if they're really tight, you'll know which ones. You shouldn't stretch cold muscles so do like 3 sets of 20 rep squats with just body weight if you can (if it doesn't hurt too much). That'll warm you up enough to get some decent stretching in.

    I'm not even joking -it sounds stupid, but just try one stretch for each muscle group and if super tight, you'll know immediately what to work on.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  4. #1867
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I have chronic SI issues as well. To help your SI out, honestly, stretch. The main culprits are predominantly quads, hamstrings, glutes, and hip flexors. That's why my SI always goes haywire -any of the above muscles are waaaaaaay too tight. It's possible your muscle groups might have been all out of whack and the fall on the ice might have caused you to seize up and send your SI overboard (i.e. straw that broke the camel's back). Whenever my SI goes, I do 1 stretch for each muscle group and it becomes very apparently which muscle group was the one that sent my back overboard.

    You'll know right away when you go to stretch any of those muscle groups -if they're really tight, you'll know which ones. You shouldn't stretch cold muscles so do like 3 sets of 20 rep squats with just body weight if you can (if it doesn't hurt too much). That'll warm you up enough to get some decent stretching in.

    I'm not even joking -it sounds stupid, but just try one stretch for each muscle group and if super tight, you'll know immediately what to work on.
    Right now I weight 250lbs, and my WORKING sets for squats are 200lbs. lol

    My warmup squats are 135lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  5. #1868
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,532

    Default

    Whatever you do, body weight squats, warm up squats, sitting on dildos, just do some warm ups before you stretch lol I've lightly torn stuff stretching cold and overtight muscles the last time my SI went haywire.

    You don't know pain until that thing goes completely sideways. It's akin to a prolapsed disc and feels like nerves are smashing into each other. If you don't get the SI issue addressed and the joint(s) realigned and popped back in, the acute symptoms will prolong and eventually open the door to chronic SI issues.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

  6. #1869
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Mcmurray
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    I had some major hip mobility/inflexibility/muscle imbalances from playing hockey my whole life (they refer to it as hockey hips) and after trying to pull stretches off Google, i finally decided to go to physio at the beginning of December and what a difference that has made.

    You can stretch all you want, but until you have a professional assess exactly what your deficiencies are, you probably won't get rid of them. I didn't see any of the exercises I've been given when i was scrounging on Google. And the benefits aren't just in feeling more "loose" in my hips, but the increased mobility has helped my squat big time.

    People say oh yeah stretch your hip flexors and this and that... but once you start targeting specific abductor/adductor muscles you really see how weak some areas are and how strengthening those small muscles help your big lifts.

    Luckily i have really good benefits, so ontop of the physio i also routinely do massage, acupuncture, and chiro. People can grumble about the supposed benefits of each, but i look at them as a group of different tools to help achieve goals.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

  7. #1870
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    18,824

    Default

    Agreed. I already go for massages monthly. I'm going to add chiro to that, just as a tune-up if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

  8. #1871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67bullet View Post
    I had some major hip mobility/inflexibility/muscle imbalances from playing hockey my whole life (they refer to it as hockey hips) and after trying to pull stretches off Google, i finally decided to go to physio at the beginning of December and what a difference that has made.

    You can stretch all you want, but until you have a professional assess exactly what your deficiencies are, you probably won't get rid of them. I didn't see any of the exercises I've been given when i was scrounging on Google. And the benefits aren't just in feeling more "loose" in my hips, but the increased mobility has helped my squat big time.

    People say oh yeah stretch your hip flexors and this and that... but once you start targeting specific abductor/adductor muscles you really see how weak some areas are and how strengthening those small muscles help your big lifts.

    Luckily i have really good benefits, so ontop of the physio i also routinely do massage, acupuncture, and chiro. People can grumble about the supposed benefits of each, but i look at them as a group of different tools to help achieve goals.
    Did you require a referral from your Dr for Physio?

    I want to get my elbow looked at, Ive got Golfer's Elbow
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee - Suitcase Muffler Delete, Borla Atak Axle Back, AFE Momentum CAI

  9. #1872
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    Did you require a referral from your Dr for Physio?

    I want to get my elbow looked at, Ive got Golfer's Elbow
    varies depending on who your benefits provider is. your best bet is to call them and ask.

    i have some friends that require a dr's note even for massages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •