Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 212 of 214 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 LastLast
Results 1,900 to 1,908 of 1922

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I'm assuming that you do full body workouts when you are able? Is this the order you always do things?

I do a split but I generally start with big movements like squats and presses and finish with small isolations like abs or arms.

I do Squat/Bench/Dead on a day all by themselves. Then all the other stuff a different day. All my workouts are "full body" with my split being compound lifting vs accessory lifting.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I do Squat/Bench/Dead on a day all by themselves. Then all the other stuff a different day. All my workouts are "full body" with my split being compound lifting vs accessory lifting.
    If you're going every other day like you mentioned (i believe you said every two days?) I would consider doing a push/pull/squat/dead split. I couldn't ever imagine doing those 3 maib exercises on one day.

As for your rep ranges, again i would change it up and do 4 weeks of low rep(3-6), then 4 weeks of high rep(10-14), and then toss in a a couple weeks of muscular endurance @ 20 reps.

Another thing I've worked on is really tracking my rest periods. 3-5min on strength phase(low rep), and 60-90sec on high rep (hypertrophy/endurance).
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67bullet View Post
    I couldn't ever imagine doing those 3 maib exercises on one day.
    This right here.

I'd fuckin die haha

Thanks

I'd swap shoulder shrugs for power cleans.....

Because speed limits, like fears, are often just illusions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    This right here.

I'd fuckin die haha
    Lots of people keep saying that... But I really like it.

Besides, anytime I watch lifting competitions, they do all 3 in 1 day. I figure, if someday I get huge and start competing (even on a newb level), I'd like to be prepared to do all 3 at once.

As far as rep range goes... I do switch it up between 5 sets of 5 and 3 sets of 10 regularly.

I was more concerned with making sure I wasn't leaving out any obvious exercises.

Thanks

So... I finally worked up the courage to try 1RM's, for better or for worse.

Now I have some metrics. I can goal-plan better from here.

Bench: 250lbs (disappointing, I was hoping for closer to 270lbs)
    Squat: 300lbs (very surprised)
    Dead: 375lbs (not bad, was hoping for 400lbs)

Total: 925

I'm not going to try 1RM's again for a good long while. But I suspect I'll be in the 1000-club this year.

Thanks

1RMs are like any other type of workout or exercise you try for the first time -you get better at it with time but, in this case, more so because you're not as intimidated/scared/etc. You get more familiar with what to expect. With that said, I'd only try 1RMs no more than once every X weeks (for me, that X = 3 weeks). Otherwise, you're asking for injury. Let your joints and tendons and shit fully heal before putting max load on it again.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    1RMs are like any other type of workout or exercise you try for the first time -you get better at it with time but, in this case, more so because you're not as intimidated/scared/etc. You get more familiar with what to expect. With that said, I'd only try 1RMs no more than once every X weeks (for me, that X = 3 weeks). Otherwise, you're asking for injury. Let your joints and tendons and shit fully heal before putting max load on it again.
    Yeah. Somebody else said don't exceed 1RM attempts once per month. I think maybe I'll try it once a quarter? No idea. Not a huge goal at this time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Yeah. Somebody else said don't exceed 1RM attempts once per month. I think maybe I'll try it once a quarter? No idea. Not a huge goal at this time.
    You'll find your sweet spot just by trial and error. But you get the jist, the longer you wait between 1RM attempts, the safer you are from an injury perspective.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)