Blackout

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176
Results 1,576 to 1,580 of 1580

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Switching to free weights will blast you through any plateau.
    likewise, so will adding in some machine stuff if you are plateauing on free weights.

Seems like change of routine is the real common denominator
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

I think it was Flex Wheeler. His strategy to avoid plateauing was simply to take a 3 month break from working out.
    2011 Subaru STi aka Scooby / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    well grab some 25s and feel it out. Do 12 or so nice, slow, deep, concentrated reps then gauge if you need more weight. For me at least, even with heavier weights, the first few are easy but once the reps get up there it gets way harder so thats why you can't just do 2 reps and decide 25s are stupid light and move on to 40s.

You sound pretty strong so you could probably do 30s but even as a warmup set, 25s would be good
    Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

I did fly's last night with 30's, it was incredible. I thought I was going to die by the end, but totally in a good way.

I got a really good stretch, basically able to touch the ground from the bench. And the first 1/3 of a rep was super hard, but then it got easier.

I managed ALMOST 3 full sets. I think 30 is a good a starting weight.

(In all honestly, I tried 40's first, and there was no way in hell, lmao)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

I did fly's last night with 30's, it was incredible. I thought I was going to die by the end, but totally in a good way.

I got a really good stretch, basically able to touch the ground from the bench. And the first 1/3 of a rep was super hard, but then it got easier.

Yeah the first part is always the hardest because of physics. Since the gravitational force ("weight") of the the weight is always acting straight down, when your arms are perfectly parallel to the floor, 100% of the weight of the dumbbell is acting against your direction motion, but as you get higher through your ROM, now your direction of motion isn't straight up, so only the "straight Up" portion of your motion is actually being opposed by the weight. But i'm sure everyone already knew that, i just felt like nerding out.

This is why cable flies are common, because you have a constant resistance throughout the rep.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Sweet. Baby. Jesus.

Yeah don't be pushing the limits on dumbbell flys. Good way to hurt yourself.