Auto Obsessed

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 171 of 185 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,539 of 1660

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Another update. Went to the gym last night and had the opposite of a "strong day" and now I'm super bummed out.

Sucked ass at squat. Sucked ass at bench. Sucked ass at dead.

Honestly, I racked up the bar for squats, got under it... Went to lift off, and felt like I had the weight of the whole world on my shoulders.

I managed to pump out 8 reps at a new weight, but, my knees hurt after and I honestly felt like a pile of garbage my entire workout.

What do you guys do when you feel like this?

Not sure what caused it. Probably shitty diet. I missed breakfast yesterday, and had a mediocre lunch, and was late getting to the gym. Probably should have stopped for a power bar or something...
    If it's an occasional thing just carry on with your life. You can't expect to feel 100% everyday - everyone has off days. Just makes you that much more motivated to go hard next time.

That being said, why are you doing all 3 heavy lifts in the same workout? I've heard some programs that mix 2 on the same day but never 3. Seems odd.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Everyone has bum days. You just stay focused on the goal, do what you can, and call it a day. Drain some Pre-workout if it's really bad.

Another update. Went to the gym last night and had the opposite of a "strong day" and now I'm super bummed out.

Sucked ass at squat. Sucked ass at bench. Sucked ass at dead.

Honestly, I racked up the bar for squats, got under it... Went to lift off, and felt like I had the weight of the whole world on my shoulders.

I managed to pump out 8 reps at a new weight, but, my knees hurt after and I honestly felt like a pile of garbage my entire workout.

What do you guys do when you feel like this?

Not sure what caused it. Probably shitty diet. I missed breakfast yesterday, and had a mediocre lunch, and was late getting to the gym. Probably should have stopped for a power bar or something...
    I've mentioned it before in the thread, but I've found that I have weak days and strong days.

On the days where your warm up sets feel like your max sets, those are weak days. Like viktimize said, do what you can and gtfo. Call it a day. Don't push it, though, because, in my experience, this is where injuries happen. Be happy that you went to the gym.

On the strong days, I take advantage of these to try and push out a little more weight/reps.

Take advantage of the weak days (go through the motions and then throw in the towel -no need to push it) as much as the strong days (try for a 6RM or max-rep-until-failure or something).

Your body ebbs and flows.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

So i hit my goal yesterday but not without issue. Was squatting on an Olympic platform with stands as opposed to a normal squat rack, and so i wasnt used to racking the bar (sounds stupid but they're closer together then a normal rack). So i was working my way up, was around 250 and i fucked up my left shoulder while racking somehow.

Said fuck it, kept on going till i hit my goal of 275, then tried at 280 and failed.

Pretty damn sure i damaged my AC ligament. Have very little mobility with my left shoulder and if i put any weight on it the pain is intense. Any idea how long i should wait, if at all, to get it checked?
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

8 days post op and in already dying to get back into the gym.
    Read a few of Jim Wendler's books so far.
    Just want to go back into the gym
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

Took a week off after my bum-day.

Went back after that week and absolutely killed it. Feels great. I was sore the next couple days. But again, felt great.

Looking forward to tonight's workout!
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

I severely hurt my shoulder after 4 weeks back at the gym. Limited ROM and it constantly feels like it's always going to pop out of the socket. Clicks/pops a lot too now -it's never done that before.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

So... The scale at the gym has been busted for the past 6 months, and I don't own one.

They finally got a new one, and I'm still sitting at 245lbs, so that's pretty killer. Makes sense though, my workout routine hasn't changed too much, and neither have my eating habits.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not... But I've pretty much given up on cardio the last 3 months. I figure - fuck it, I can just take meds for my asthma. lol.

I want to focus more on getting ripped... I want to add an extra day in the gym. I'm doing 2-3 days a week pretty religiously right now.

I do my big compound lifts on one day, and my accessory lifts on another day, and MAYBE cardio/core on day 3.

I'm lifting (what I consider to be) heavy, for me, and so here's my next noob question; would there be a huge benefit adding a day where i do all my exercises with, for example, 50% of my normal weights, and just pump out a shit ton of reps?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

So... The scale at the gym has been busted for the past 6 months, and I don't own one.

They finally got a new one, and I'm still sitting at 245lbs, so that's pretty killer. Makes sense though, my workout routine hasn't changed too much, and neither have my eating habits.

I don't know if I've mentioned this or not... But I've pretty much given up on cardio the last 3 months. I figure - fuck it, I can just take meds for my asthma. lol.

I want to focus more on getting ripped... I want to add an extra day in the gym. I'm doing 2-3 days a week pretty religiously right now.

I do my big compound lifts on one day, and my accessory lifts on another day, and MAYBE cardio/core on day 3.

I'm lifting (what I consider to be) heavy, for me, and so here's my next noob question; would there be a huge benefit adding a day where i do all my exercises with, for example, 50% of my normal weights, and just pump out a shit ton of reps?

If your new goal is to get ripped. Then nothing will give you more benefit than getting your diet dialled in. But an extra gym day certainly can't hurt. Try and hit your workouts first thing in the day if you can for that day long metabolism increase.