Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 209 of 217 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 1,873 to 1,881 of 1945

Thread: Giant fitness thread

i had to get a note for massages but i got it once and i think it's good forever, maybe a year, one or the other, i don't really need massages, i just get them every now and then because my benefits cover them so why not?
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    Did you require a referral from your Dr for Physio?

I want to get my elbow looked at, Ive got Golfer's Elbow
    Fuck, that sucks.

I hate the term golfer's/tennis elbow because it's such a blanket term that doesn't really articulate exactly what's wrong with your elbow. Unless it's specifically meant to be a generic term like "IBS" (which includes dozens of conditions under that blanket term).

I hate it because I've spent about $3000 on my "tennis elbow" via chiro and physio treatments and they STILL can't tell me what's wrong. They're just going to keep on treating it even though nobody knows what the fuck is wrong with it exactly.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

I had what i thought was tennis elbow a while back. There are certain things that aggravated it which I have simply avoided for the last 2 years and I've been fine. Maybe it was something different?

On a side note,
    I've changed my workout to be more frequent but less time spent at the gym and I'm really liking it. I haven't really enjoyed going to the gym for the last little while but the enjoyment is starting to come back,
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Fuck, that sucks.

I hate the term golfer's/tennis elbow because it's such a blanket term that doesn't really articulate exactly what's wrong with your elbow. Unless it's specifically meant to be a generic term like "IBS" (which includes dozens of conditions under that blanket term).

I hate it because I've spent about $3000 on my "tennis elbow" via chiro and physio treatments and they STILL can't tell me what's wrong. They're just going to keep on treating it even though nobody knows what the fuck is wrong with it exactly.
    imho, chiro wont help you with a tennis/golfers elbow/tendonitis.

I have never done physio, so i can't relate there.

i had tendonitis in my right elbow for 2 years. it got to a point where i had to start learning to use my left hand to do stuff. i couldnt wash my face with my right anymore or turn door knobs without pain.

working out aggravated it quite a bit, but i needed exercise so i just went swimming for shits and giggles. literally 2 weeks of swimming I was back to 90%. i'd say about 2-3 months after that I was 100%.

started working out again (lifting light just in case) and it has not bothered me since.

Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    i had to start learning to use my left hand to do stuff.
    heh. "stuff".

haha the chiro I went to, imo, had merit to it because it wasn't just joint manipulation -there's a lot of active release since the source of my tennis elbow came in the form of torn ligaments in my elbow from a low side in T5 at stratotech. It healed by itself without any physio so I'm guessing a lot of scar tissue built up since I wasn't active during the healing process.

They did a lot of graston on the area as well, but yeah, evidently you're right and chiro didn't do dick for it lol I'm requesting am MRI on the elbow when I get am MRI for my shoulder when I go to the doctor next week.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    heh. "stuff".

haha the chiro I went to, imo, had merit to it because it wasn't just joint manipulation -there's a lot of active release since the source of my tennis elbow came in the form of torn ligaments in my elbow from a low side in T5 at stratotech. It healed by itself without any physio so I'm guessing a lot of scar tissue built up since I wasn't active during the healing process.

They did a lot of graston on the area as well, but yeah, evidently you're right and chiro didn't do dick for it lol I'm requesting am MRI on the elbow when I get am MRI for my shoulder when I go to the doctor next week.
    hehe "active release"
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_66 View Post
    Did you require a referral from your Dr for Physio?

I want to get my elbow looked at, Ive got Golfer's Elbow
    No i did not. I go to pivitol physiotherapy in the brewery district btw. Its their "high performance center". Highly recommend.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

So stoked, haven't really been going heavy on my deadlifts since I tweaked my back

Hit 395 1 Rep today, for a personal best.
    Then 405 for 1 rep.

CW: 185
    Last edited by Talon_66; March 3rd, 2018 at 08:57 PM.
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee - Suitcase Muffler Delete, Borla Atak Axle Back, AFE Momentum CAI

I keep saying I'm going to try for 1RM's and then never do. Why must I be such a giant pansy? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.