Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 181 of 185 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,629 of 1660

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo... this might be a REALLY stupid question... But I'm going to ask it anyways, only partially for "teh lulz" and partially serious...

Any reason NOT to mix protein/creatine powder in a mug of beer? lol
    I'd just mix it with your morning cocaine and snort it.

LOL! Thanks guys. I did some googling after and yeah, general consensus is, don't carbonate protein shakes.

I guess I'll have to double-fist. Protein+water in one hand, beer in the other. lol

Edit: Just as a reference, I was away all long-weekend, horse stuff... I drank protein shakes in the afternoon when there wasn't time to stop for a meal. And then shortly thereafter when calling it quits for the day, started drinking beer. I was really moreso curious as to whether or not the two were going to have negative effects when taken together.

I've been taking this new supplement for about a week. It's 30g protein per scoop, and 3g creatine, which is awesome having it mixed like that already. I thought I was going to have to buy 2 different tubs. So far, no protein farts, no protein shits, no cramps, no adverse effects whatsoever. I know I'll need to take it for about a month before I'll start seeing any real benefit.
    Last edited by AudiInProgress; May 24th, 2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

I remember reading there being a difference in creatine products (monohydrate vs hcl vs ??) much like how not all protein powders are created equal (isolate vs protein compounds which are harder to digest).

Maybe do some reading on what type of creatine you're ingesting to see if it's what you expect.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

It's monohydrate.

I think the beer would work well with the creatine though (semi-serious lol). You can stack creatine with dextrose. If all natural sugars are created the equal (they're not, but we're not elite athletes), maybe the sugars in the beer might go well with the creatine? lol
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I think the beer would work well with the creatine though (semi-serious lol). You can stack creatine with dextrose. If all natural sugars are created the equal (they're not, but we're not elite athletes), maybe the sugars in the beer might go well with the creatine? lol
    Beer doesn't go well with anything related to fitness.
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

Quote Originally Posted by 780rx View Post
    Beer doesn't go well with anything related to fitness.
    I don't know, man, the legend of the drunken master tells a different tale...

hahaha

Seriously though, I don't drink very much. But after busting my ass at a show in 30 degree weather for an entire day. It's nice to kick back with a cold one.

And I'm sure taking supplements during the day doesn't hurt anything either.

After my workouts, I always used to go for drinks with friends. Like, 3-4 times a week. I've found that after my workouts, I could drink like a champ because of all the water I consumed during the workout lol

I weighed the least I've ever weighed in my entire life since breaking the 200+ lbs mark (197). Not saying the beer was good for me, but it didn't seem to do any harm at all in regards to weight gain. Was 9% BF, lifting lots at the time, etc. If it ain't broke, have a beer

Yeah. I'm not trying to attend the arnold classic or anything. If I want a beer, I'll have a beer. If I want a burger, I'll have a burger. etc.

This road to fitness is exciting. I was never looking for drastic life changes. And every step I take, I feel it's in the right direction.