1UP

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 182 of 188 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 1,630 to 1,638 of 1690

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Do you drink your protein as a snack, or do you drink it because you know your body needs it?

Reason i ask is if im having a shake just for the intake, i mix with the least amount of recommended water so that it fully disolves and i toss it back. No need to find something to mix it in because as soon as your done shaking it will be gone in big gulp.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by 67bullet View Post
    Do you drink your protein as a snack, or do you drink it because you know your body needs it?

Reason i ask is if im having a shake just for the intake, i mix with the least amount of recommended water so that it fully disolves and i toss it back. No need to find something to mix it in because as soon as your done shaking it will be gone in big gulp.
    Both? I guess. I'm certain I don't get enough protein in my daily diet. And I really wanted to try creatine on top of it. And I use it as an afternoon snack. I'm using a shaker cup, so I don't know how much that is. 900ml's probably? The instructions say mix with 200ml of water. But I can't get it to disolve in even 500ml water.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    Both? I guess. I'm certain I don't get enough protein in my daily diet. And I really wanted to try creatine on top of it. And I use it as an afternoon snack. I'm using a shaker cup, so I don't know how much that is. 900ml's probably? The instructions say mix with 200ml of water. But I can't get it to disolve in even 500ml water.
    It doesnt really dissolve unless youre mixing it with protein as well. Just shake it and slam it while its suspended in the water if you dont mix with other yhigs as well
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize

I personally don't really like the taste of even the best proteins, unless i make a smoothie out of it. Im not sure if you mean the creatine or the protein isn't disolving, but if it's the later then i would say it's shitty whey.

And yeah creatine i literally put in a small glass of water, slam it, fill it half way again and slam that.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

That's what I got. It tastes good to me. And it disolves perfectly fine if I use a shaker cup. If I put it in a regular glass and try to stir it, I end up with big chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post

900ml's?? Jesus man. I've never seen a whey that wouldn't mix 2 scoops with just 300ml of water. That's all I use. I'm guessing by "shaker cup" you mean a cheap cup with a lid, and not an actual shaker cup with a spring ball in it?? If you have a legit shaker cup with the ball in it, you shouldn't have any issues with clumps in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktimize View Post
    900ml's?? Jesus man. I've never seen a whey that wouldn't mix 2 scoops with just 300ml of water. That's all I use. I'm guessing by "shaker cup" you mean a cheap cup with a lid, and not an actual shaker cup with a spring ball in it?? If you have a legit shaker cup with the ball in it, you shouldn't have any issues with clumps in it.
    Correct. As I said, I have NO PROBLEMS with mixing in a shaker cup, with the spring ball in it.

I only have problems when I try to mix it in a normal cup/mug/whatever.

Edit: and I don't know how you guys are mixing 2 scoops with 2-300ml's of water. Isn't a "normal" sized bottle of water like 500ml's?

So you're mixing 2 scoops in a half-bottle of water? That's INSANE. In my mind anyways. How does it not turn out to be sludge? lol

I lived in a furnished apartment when I moved to Germany. I found this neat thing that I'm assuming is meant to froth up milk for lattes in the drawer and it ended up being the best thing in the world for mixing my protein shakes up in mugs (i.e. without a shaker container):

2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

I don't know how we got on this topic in the first place. It's not a huge problem. I'll just continue to use a shaker cup. lol.

And you're supposed to drink lots of extra water with creatine, so... also don't mind using nearly 1L of water to mix the powder.