LubeFX

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 1,837 to 1,843 of 1843

Thread: Giant fitness thread

Thanks

Another 2 seconds and you're in expert, dude. Honestly, hang with Aleks -dude did like 3 track days last year and already hit 1:26 which is the expert cut off. He's *just* faster than you so would make a perfect tow.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Another 2 seconds and you're in expert, dude. Honestly, hang with Aleks -dude did like 3 track days last year and already hit 1:26 which is the expert cut off. He's *just* faster than you so would make a perfect tow.
    missing round 1 this year is gonna be rough. i dont know if aleks is coming out this year and coach cormier went and retired on me haha.

im gonna have to chase manley or ray steel i think. we'll see how i fare after area 27. just gotta get in shape so i can run more races this year.

Thanks

Manley is on a 600RR isn't he? You'd fare better following him rather than Ray on the s1000R (his braking is a lot different on the bigger bike).

That's dope you're going to Area 27. Makes me wish I kept up with some of it. Didn't realize I was gonna take so much time off to the point where I'd be a novice by the time I came back haha at least I'd get first place in Novice... maybe.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    Manley is on a 600RR isn't he? You'd fare better following him rather than Ray on the s1000R (his braking is a lot different on the bigger bike).

That's dope you're going to Area 27. Makes me wish I kept up with some of it. Didn't realize I was gonna take so much time off to the point where I'd be a novice by the time I came back haha at least I'd get first place in Novice... maybe.
    lol

we had a couple novices run low 1:3Xs last year. it was a fast group. i had to really step up my game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blam View Post
    jesus. i felt bad putting on 2-3 lbs.

I've been terrible with my diet since the holidays. I also need to buckle down.

my schedule has also been crap since the holidays. missing a ton of work outs but my cardio has been improving hugely.
    Either that, or, the new scale at the gym reads vastly different from the old one. Which could be. The old one could have been reading artificially low, or this new one could be reading too high...
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

My home scale is 10lbs different from my gym scale.

Has anyone here used a sports nutritionist? With the amount of time i spend in the gym and out (physio, massage, recovery sessions), i want to get the most out of putting in and although my diet is probably better than 90% of people, i would love to take it to the next level and get professional help on what i should be consuming and when.

I have all the free time in the world and i don't take any days off. Between hockey and the gym i burn an insane amount of calories. My current split is 50%carbs 30% protein 20%fat, and I'm taking it roughly 3800cal a day and my weight has stagnated the last 3 weeks(peaked @ 164). I know I'm shredding fat like crazy and it might just be a case of losing fat faster than gaining muscle, but I'm a mechanic not a nutritionist and i really don't have the knowledge to better choose what goes in.

On top of that, on days where I'm in the gym and playing hockey i don't know if its as simple as adding in another 600cal meal (my heart monitor has me burning between 1400-1700 cals in a game).

I did a quick Google search and the first to come up was revive wellness, and they want 600$ for a consultation, meal plan, and 1 follow up. I know I'm going to have to spend money but that seams like a bit much for what I'm getting.

Lastly i know weight is not the be all end all, and as such i take monthly measurements to better track progress, but I'm looking at this more so from having the proper intake to excel at what I'm doing.

If anyone has suggestions i can post up my current plan.
    95 Evolution III 299awhp/283tq @18psi
    12 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

Thanks

I think Vik had a solid guy that you could consult with online...or over the phone?