Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Divorce is expensive...

Thanks

Default Divorce is expensive...

Long story short, received a 1986 300zx in excellent condition as a gift approximately 4 years ago. Car was appraised at $10,000 the year previous. Drove it across Canada and it was the most enjoyable 3 days of driving I have ever experienced. Upon arriving back in Edmonton, ended up seperating from my Ex-wife. She stayed in the house until the fall, but I had to store my car in the garage as I was staying with a friend. After moving back into the house and getting ready to get the car back on the road the following spring, I found the car was running rough/ sputtering. Figured that there may have been water in the lines from sitting for so long, didn't think anything of it. After running for approx. 10 min., decided to give it a shot of gas and the engine seized. After pushing it back into the garage my friend and I discovered that either my ex or one of her family members put approximately 2 cups of sand in the oil fill! Police were contacted blah blah blah.... So the car has been sitting for 3 years as I got back on my feet and now I'm looking at what can be done if anything to repair the engine. Everything is original in the car and if possible I would like to keep it. Not sure if these engines can be bored out to repair the scaring or if sleeves could be utilized. I'm not a mechanic by any stretch, but not affraid to take on smaller tasks ie. brakes, shocks, general maintenance. Just looking for some advice on what could possibly be done. I have some friends willing to help me tear the engine down, but I do not want to bother if the consensus would be that it can't be repaired. Would rather replace the engine and carry on. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 918 Posts

Anything can be repaired. The block would have to be cleaned out really good to ensure the oil galleries are all clear. Doing a .020" over bore is a simple machine shop task. Your cam and crank will need to be inspected. Might be able to just clean them up, but personally if you're this far into it, I'd just get some higher stage cams, forged internals, and a new crank if you need it. Then it can be built for big power if you ever want to go that route.

Thanks

You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it.

If you someone to strip it and inspect it let me know. Best case the sand plugged the oil pickup or filter and starved the engine of oil. Worse case the filter plugged causing the bypass to open sending sandy oil all through your engine.
    Last edited by chris f; April 8th, 2015 at 09:01 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chris f For This Useful Post:

airpak (June 9th, 2015)

Thanks

Bitches be crazy

Thanks

Maybe she came across the technique of sand blasting the intake manifold by way of sucking sand through the intake.

Makes me rage to hear that though. Just why? Willful destruction of property.

Also this must have been a year ago, but I remember seeing Kijiji ads for your 300ZX project car and the story you had about you and your significant other at the time trying to sell the car and move on in life. Surprised to see you keep it and rebuild it. Must be in that good of condition / sentimental value.

Thanks

yeah, divorce is a bit expensive but the joy of divorce is priceless.

Thanks

night-of-the-living-thread.jpg
    Back from the dead

Thanks

in the year 2000. I was 18 living it up in ft.mac making nice doh. GOt a new to me truck 2 years old. banging a broad in my apt building. after breakup im driving along and crash bing boom. engine light comes on and engine stops. Get it towed to northstar ford. They say i didnt do oil changes engine seized due to no oil. fuck me 5grand later got a new engine put it. Drive it home. Next morning start it up crash bang boom brand new engine seized. bring it back to Ford they dig deeper. Find like a bag of sugar in the gas tank. Dish out another 5gs for a new engine. Then in the end Insurance payed the whole 10g+ in bills and rentals.
    Thats where my real nickname of BlairTruck came about i was the BlairTruck Project with vehicle in shop for like 6 months.