Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Teach me how to make investments

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    got 25k sitting in an account that making nothing.
    i remember when i got my Marijuana Prescription with Aurora and i wanted to support by getting some stocks. It was $2.15 at the time. i wish i put that 5g in there.
    you made $26 interest for june. Good investor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    got 25k sitting in an account that making nothing.
    i remember when i got my Marijuana Prescription with Aurora and i wanted to support by getting some stocks. It was $2.15 at the time. i wish i put that 5g in there.

I don't think you're going to make 100%, missed that boat. But still opportunity out there. Now that MJ is approved for October, Canopy spiked and has since dropped as people have been taking profits. So it's a good time to buy it again as it levels out. Their stock should steadily increase once sales roll in and they report profits. Aurora is more affordable, but it's a little too leveraged on debt for my liking. My average share price on Aurora is about 8.40$. I'm waiting for them to prop up a bit more before I sell them off.

Thanks

I'd be leery of ACB. Once they take over LEAF (vote is on July 18), LEAF shares will be converted to ACB at 1:3.575. At that point, ACB will reaaaaaally cash poor and really, really diluted. Both of those things usually aren't good for stock prices.

They'll bounce back, but will not be short/medium holds. ACB will be a power house, IMO, but whoever owns stocks now and bought it at $7 or more will be holding them for at least another 8-12 months to really get anything back from them. Unless you want to day trade the shit out of them and plays the ebb and flow.

With the $25K, I'd put $5K in APHQF, $10K in NFLX, and $10K in DIS (yes, disney). I'm curious how DIS will be now that their offer to buy FOX has been accepted. IMO, 20% over the course of the next 2-3 years. It's a safe stock that has always operated in the $100-$115 range. Currently at $104 so it's on the lower end.
    Last edited by the_fornicator; June 25th, 2018 at 01:31 PM.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I'd be leery of ACB. Once they take over LEAF (vote is on July 18), LEAF shares will be converted to ACB at 1:3.575. At that point, ACB will reaaaaaally cash poor and really, really diluted. Both of those things usually aren't good for stock prices.

They'll bounce back, but will not be short/medium holds. ACB will be a power house, IMO, but whoever owns stocks now and bought it at $7 or more will be holding them for at least another 8-12 months to really get anything back from them. Unless you want to day trade the shit out of them and plays the ebb and flow.

With the $25K, I'd put $5K in APHQF, $10K in NFLX, and $10K in DIS (yes, disney). I'm curious how DIS will be now that their offer to buy FOX has been accepted. IMO, 20% over the course of the next 2-3 years. It's a safe stock that has always operated in the $100-$115 range. Currently at $104 so it's on the lower end.
    Agreed about ACB. I see them as a long term play. I'm positive I can still get above 10$ for them short term though. But who knows, every time they're about to climb back they screw their share holders with more debt. Another 250mil deal with BMO today has sunk their stock once again. Although that just triggers another buy point for investors looking to get back in.

I am dumping Disney as soon it gets back to 112$. I personally don't see the Fox deal being worth much. Their TV division is what's dragging them down already and preventing us from seeing big stock returns when earnings on movies like Star Wars get announced. Is there anything big in the Fox franchise for Disney to reboot and capitalize on in the movie industry?