Lexus of Edmonton

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 71 Celica

Thanks

Default 71 Celica

Not much of a build thread yet, but I figured I'd share it anyways. Bought the car about a month ago, and finally brought it home on my last turn around. This will be a very slow build, because well... the s2k comes first. It's very close to being "complete" though. This was offered to me by Jesse. He knew I was looking for something a bit older to tinker on. I was actually looking for a 510 or a Z, but Jesse knew of this thing, and well here are.

The goal:
    A reliable, fun, not so over-powered car that doesn't scare the living shit out of me if it rains/snows, 3 season daily driver. A car that's comfortable/reliable enough to take on road trips, and has a little bit of character.

Enough of the chit chat, the day I brought her home...

Lets see what's under those god awful spoke wheels. I was actually pretty stoked to find this!

The car came with 2 sets of wheels, but only 1 had tires. And they were pretty dried out and cracked... so I stole Tylers starlet "wantanabes" that were just sitting in a corner of the garage for the time being.

Dropped this thing off at the paint shop this past monday...

So the celica gets to hang out with the starlet in the garage while the S is at the paint shop.

You can kinda see the second set of wheels that came with the car in this pic, they could use a really good polishing. (bottom right corner)

The 18-RC in all of her 97HP of glory...

So far, the plan for the car is as follows before we get too deep into anything.
    The car has been in Canada since 2008, but was never imported or registered. So priority #1 was finding out who the last owner was in the states (not that hard actually), and sending them a affidavit for the title for the car. With that I can get my form 1 from canadian customs, then a OOP, and finally registration!
    So now I play the waiting game on hearing back from the previous owner from the states. I should hear back from her within the next 2 weeks. If she obliges to handing the title over to me, it should be a fairly simple and easy process. If she doesn't respond... I get to wait 3 years before I can acquire the title... Lets just hope she responds

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blixhavn For This Useful Post:

disableddan (May 10th, 2015), Stardust (May 1st, 2015)

Thanks

AAAAHH, this brings me back memories of my 75 GT which I ultimately sold in order to get my 40 series LC. If you want I can connect you with the current owner of it and you guys can be all cute together....lol.

It was a very comfortable/reliable car. Not sure what carb setup you have but it doesn't look like the vacuum hose jungle my 75 had.
    My only gripe with that car was the steering, That thing WANDERS EVERYWHERE, I was constantly fighting the steering wheel back and forth just to keep it going straight.

Thanks

Nice! Did your 75 have the 18RG? I'm fairly certain that it is the stock carb... I don't think there was much available for 18RC, or at least I haven't found anything yet in the extent of my reading.

Thanks

Awesome, Good luck with the build!
    My Rides:
    | 1988 Ford Mustang Cobra GT | 1997 Jaguar XK8 | 1998 Ford F-250 | 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat | 2012 Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar |
    | 1978 Harley Davidson FLH | 2008 Harley Davidson VRSC "Nightrod Special" | 2008 Harley Davidson "Nightster" |

Current Projects:
    | 1986 Mercury Capri RS | 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 | 1981 Mercury Capri "Liberty Block" |

Thanks

Mine had a 20R. I ended up putting a (IIRC) 32/36 weber in it

Thanks

Very cool car. Definitely on my list of 'to-own' at some point. The other wheels certainly looks like they are off a Z. PM'd you about registering your car.
    '00 Impreza 2.5RS
    '69 Lotus Elan +2
    '67 Volvo 122S

Thanks

very happy the car went to you chad ! is this a bad time to mention that i actually just picked up a sweet 510 ?
    speedtech 20105 107ave 780-455-5161

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jesse@speedtech For This Useful Post:

Danger (June 24th, 2015)

Thanks

After seeing what you've done to your S2k, I'm very interested to see what you do with this!

Jordan v, 1993 Bmw 32oi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLOCKER View Post
    Awesome, Good luck with the build!
    Thanks guy!

Quote Originally Posted by RSready View Post
    Very cool car. Definitely on my list of 'to-own' at some point. The other wheels certainly looks like they are off a Z. PM'd you about registering your car.
    Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by jesse@speedtech View Post
    very happy the car went to you chad ! is this a bad time to mention that i actually just picked up a sweet 510 ?
    Yeah boy, I can't wait to see the dime! I'm pretty glad it went to me too! Can't wait to be able to do some vintage cruises bud. I'll stop bye the shop when I get back to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence* View Post
    After seeing what you've done to your S2k, I'm very interested to see what you do with this!
    Thanks man, I'm sure it will recieve just as much attention. Just be a little less retarded on the power this time .