Wheels Plus

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home Alarm Systems

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suzukaS2K View Post
    for the most part i believe in all of that, which is why the DIY kits are worth a look. They DO notify your phone via push texts etc so technically it's "monitored" without paying someone else to monitor it. The wife is a little more anxious though about the alarm, but to me, $60+/mo is NOT insignificant just for a home alarm.

I just got Think protection, Monitored and DIY install set up. Its the cheapest option I found 12.99 a month. I called a bunch of places and most wouldn't give your an upfront price to get a quote and shop around. Few searches showed Frontpoint being the #1 rated in Canada, they had to be the worst ones I called! Super high pressure over the phone wouldn't really want to give you a quote right away, when you try and ask for a quote sent to you they keep "improving" the deal like giving you products for free or heavy discount when 5 mins prior it was full price and there is no sales promotion. The other annoying thing is they deal in USD.

Here is the quote I eventually got out of them

Term:

Term:
    3-Year Monitoring Agreement
    Monthly Plan:
    Interactive Monitoring ($44.99 per month)

Door or Window Sensor QTY Unit price total
    2 $32.99 $65.98
    Motion Sensor 2 $64.99 $129.98

Simon XT Control Panel 1 $238.99 $238.99

Radio 1 $0.00 $0.00

$434.95

Shipping

$0.00

Contract Term Discount

($300.00)

Your Total

$134.95
    Plan Overview
    Your monitoring plan is 100% cellular, at no additional charge. Remember, cellular monitoring is safer, more reliable and doesn't rely on landline or complicated wiring. In addition to break-ins, your plan protects against fire, environmental and medical emergencies. You only pay for the hardware you’d like to add.
    So it wasn't until the person on the phone mentioned about a search taking so long because she was searching Canadian systems I asked what $$ all this was in and she said $USD then after I was like ugh what I don't know can you just Email the quote for me to review and think over with the Canadian dollar all over the place. Then all of a sudden I was getting all these discounts liek the 3 year term one, getting a Radio deal for free now reduced cost on the sensors 50% off and so on.
    Last edited by So Much Win !; January 20th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks

BFD man, Big Fucking Dog. I pity the person who breaks into my place and either doesn't know my dog is here or thinks they can just throw some food in the corner and that will distract him. If you aren't supposed to be here he doesn't let you be here.
    You see when you have an operational engine, it turns the wheels giving you the ability to run into shit. If your car ever had one of those you'd understand what I'm getting at.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendarat View Post
    BFD man, Big Fucking Dog. I pity the person who breaks into my place and either doesn't know my dog is here or thinks they can just throw some food in the corner and that will distract him. If you aren't supposed to be here he doesn't let you be here.
    This. We run two. They're split up between garage and house when we're not around or not awake.
    1987 951 - M193 Version for Japan

2015 Jeep Wrangler
    2015 Subaru Impreza
    2005 Chevy 2500 HD

1819398 1820636 1820914 1821955 1827550 1832642 1834167 1834511 1843685 1845926 1846867 1858945 1870608

Thanks

Look at DMP for your hardware and look for an independent monitoring station. i forget who we use at work, but their rates are reasonable. i will be installing a DMP system very soon.

edit: we use API. im not sure if you need a dealer or not to use them though.
    Last edited by shermanem1; February 16th, 2017 at 10:27 PM.

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Ok it's my turn to bump and old thread as now, I am looking for a new company.

Currently I am with ADT (was with Protectron, then they got bought out)

ADT has been slowly creeping up their prices over the last few months and it's enough to turn me off.

When the alarm goes off, we get an automated call. Not sure what happens if we don't answer, but this seems abit stupid.

What are you guys running, what do they offer, and how has their service been, what has the typical response been to an alarm?
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

Thanks

I'm with Liberty and, apparently, if your alarm goes off, you'll only get a call if the alarm goes on for more than 60 seconds or something like that. I've never had to go down that route so I have no clue what their response times are. I find them a touch expensive for what they are -I think I'm paying $60/month. I have set the big alarm off before and have disabled it before the 60s mark and all you get is an email notifying you that the big alarm went off.

I do like that there's an app for your phone where you can check the status, arm/disarm, check the the history of all devices, etc. I do think there's cheaper companies out there given my basic needs.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    I'm with Liberty and, apparently, if your alarm goes off, you'll only get a call if the alarm goes on for more than 60 seconds or something like that. I've never had to go down that route so I have no clue what their response times are. I find them a touch expensive for what they are -I think I'm paying $60/month. I have set the big alarm off before and have disabled it before the 60s mark and all you get is an email notifying you that the big alarm went off.

I do like that there's an app for your phone where you can check the status, arm/disarm, check the the history of all devices, etc. I do think there's cheaper companies out there given my basic needs.
    How useless is that.. I have never tried to rob a house or disarm an alarm system before but one time at a house I was renting in Red Deer, i accidentally set off the alarm and with absolutely zero prior alarm wiring knowledge, and having never entered the house's breaker room before, I was able to shut the alarm off in probably 45 seconds from the time it turned on.
    Can't imagine how quickly an experienced thief could do it
    But the big difference between a right winger writing for a right wing media source, and left winger writing for a left wing source. Is that everything he wrote here is true and factual, not just somebodies opinion piece that is spinning vague facts to try and support their poorly thought out opinion.
    -Viktimize