Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Alarm Systems

Thanks

Default Home Alarm Systems

Who are you guys and who should I avoid? Looking to get a system over the summer.

R.K.

Thanks

I haz da Vivint system. Good shit. Good customer service. Works on my phone. Everyone be tellin me to avoids da ADT systems.

Alarmforce seems to have catchy commercials.

A new local Vivint copycat company is called Fluent. Can't comment on their services as no reviews.

Thanks

I have Vivint, no complaints from my end. Also having large dog doesn't hurt.
    You see when you have an operational engine, it turns the wheels giving you the ability to run into shit. If your car ever had one of those you'd understand what I'm getting at.

Thanks

I'd stay away from Alarmforce, I worked for them in their QA/QC lab and based on my experience I would not trust the products they offer.

Thanks

I have Alarmforce. It makes noise and it's cheap lol that's all I wanted.

I will avoid Vivint solely out of principle -those fuckers keep sending cunts door to door in my neighborhood and they're super combative.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Bumping up an old thread. Will need a home alarm here pretty soon, who are the go-to guys right now? anyone tried any of the DIY kits you can pick up and install as a local wifi system that sends push alerts to your phone?

Thanks

I switched from Alarmforce to Liberty Security a while ago.

I think I'm paying a bit more (like $60/month or something like that), but they offered a whole lot more than alarmforce did. Even have one of those neat doorbell camera things where the videos are stored on a cloud service for up to 3 months.

My only complaint is that the guy installing the system; as thorough as he was (he was pretty good), when he was installing the main alarm pad, he automatically suggested that we drill a hole in my wall (in my mudroom) to feed a wire to the garage so as to minimize wires (the alarm pad would effectively cover the hole). There was an outlet 2.5 feet away just below where he wanted to drill a hole lol There's no way I was drilling a fucking hole for the sake of hiding one wire. What a stupid suggestion.

The way he "suggested" it, had not been as assertive, most homeowners would be like, "umm, ooooookaaaaaaaay?" and then end up with a hole in their wall. I had to insist that he just plug the power adapter into the outlet just below and not drill a hole through my wall.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

ADT for $40/month.
    Fuck Vivint. Yeah, you've got cool bells & whistles & shit but GDiaF if you think I'm paying $75/month for 3+ years.

Get the cheapest monthly rate you can because 95% of the value comes from the little sign and the window stickers that your neighbours DON'T have - meaning their place gets broken into, not yours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    ADT for $40/month.
    Fuck Vivint. Yeah, you've got cool bells & whistles & shit but GDiaF if you think I'm paying $75/month for 3+ years.

Get the cheapest monthly rate you can because 95% of the value comes from the little sign and the window stickers that your neighbours DON'T have - meaning their place gets broken into, not yours.
    for the most part i believe in all of that, which is why the DIY kits are worth a look. They DO notify your phone via push texts etc so technically it's "monitored" without paying someone else to monitor it. The wife is a little more anxious though about the alarm, but to me, $60+/mo is NOT insignificant just for a home alarm.