Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 10 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mobile versions of websites. Anyone actually use them?

  1. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 98 Times in 71 Posts

    Default

    I use mobile sites a lot, faster load times and they usually have what I need. What I hate though is not being able to use a full desktop layout while on mobile. Who the fuck designs a mobile site, leaves out important options and then forces you to go to an actual desk top computer to continue with whatever it is your doing? A fucking idiot, that's who.
    2010 WRX - In Progress

    Quote Originally Posted by nismomaniak View Post
    protein does not equal calories. sorry.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BCSteel For This Useful Post:

    AudiInProgress (March 11th, 2016)

  3. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    7,176
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 258 Times in 129 Posts

    Default

    I don't use moble sites, I am pretty sure it is the governments way of tracking you.
    My Rides:
    | 1988 Ford Mustang Cobra GT | 1997 Jaguar XK8 | 1998 Ford F-250 | 2008 Ford F-150 Lariat | 2012 Volvo S60 R-Design Polestar |
    | 1978 Harley Davidson FLH | 2008 Harley Davidson VRSC "Nightrod Special" | 2008 Harley Davidson "Nightster" |


    Current Projects:
    | 1986 Mercury Capri RS | 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4 | 1981 Mercury Capri "Liberty Block" |

  4. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,563
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 235 Times in 188 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCSteel View Post
    I use mobile sites a lot, faster load times and they usually have what I need. What I hate though is not being able to use a full desktop layout while on mobile. Who the fuck designs a mobile site, leaves out important options and then forces you to go to an actual desk top computer to continue with whatever it is your doing? A fucking idiot, that's who.
    Your browser should have an option to view the desktop version of the sites you're having issues using properly on your mobile, hey.
    Wow...the first AE86 I've seen in a while that doesn't have retarded camber and owned by a hipster. Good job on keeping it clean! Looks great
    9.85 @ 146mph @ Castrol. stock wheelbase, arrow pipe.

    http://www.facebook.com/RepublicRacing <-- Like my racing teams page!

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    1,542
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 112 Times in 78 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLOCKER View Post
    I don't use moble sites, I am pretty sure it is the governments way of tracking you.
    May I recommend:

    My Zs ARE HYBRIDS, THEY RUN ON GASOLINE AND MONEY

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,324
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 105 Times in 82 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalz View Post
    May I recommend:

    No, its tracking the cell phone, need to tin foil the cell phone when you use it.

    I use mobile sites on my phone, it was a basic phone 4 years ago, and now its pretty slow, so regular sites confuse it. I also have a low data plan, so desktop sites take too much data. I don't like it when it bugs me to download tapatalk, or the forum's app either.
    1993 B2200, S4 13B Swapped, 5-speed, otherwise stock

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    804
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    So the consensus with those that use it is data usage and speed??

    Huh. I have crappy wind, and it's good enough.

    I would love to see the mobile shit die lol. Even doing something simple like.doing a Google image search, then copy and paste the URL of the image is messed up in the mobile version.

    Junk.

    Thanks for the input.
    2005 SRT-10 Viper. 12.2@120 stock rubber in Calgary
    1994 Silvia. 11.41@120 pump gas and disco potato screaming for mercy
    1988 Mustang 383 Single Turbo Windsor 9.21@151 pump gas
    2006 DynoDynamics 2wd. Doesn't make hp, but sure is good at measuring it

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 816 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toma View Post
    So the consensus with those that use it is data usage and speed??

    Huh. I have crappy wind, and it's good enough.

    I would love to see the mobile shit die lol. Even doing something simple like.doing a Google image search, then copy and paste the URL of the image is messed up in the mobile version.

    Junk.

    Thanks for the input.
    I agree with you on the Google Images thing when I use Chrome. Try Firefox for images. It's a night & day difference.

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    695
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 173 Times in 135 Posts

    Default

    i never use the mobile version.
    im on bell with like 11 gb data

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Izerous View Post
    To be honest any web developer building a modern website that actually can work outside of garbage like word press should be using responsive web design concepts (ie bootstrap). The whole idea of a separate desktop/mobile site is just silly.
    I swear, your words are so true. Its not like they learn php to direct people to use the mobile version of the site. It does not make any sense. Web and mobile version should be alike.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •