The Wheel Clinic

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plumber - HWT Replacement

Default Plumber - HWT Replacement

Looking to replace my failing 30 gallon tank with something bigger.

Can anyone recommend a plumber/company to do this?

I know a few reputable licensed plumbers (I'm in the pipe trades), I'll PM you with some info.

Cheers,

Dustin.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

I'm sure there's a plumber or a gas fitter on here. Funny thing is, if i was forced to guess, I'd have said "Talon_66".
    LoL!

Haha no I'm an insulator
    Past: 85 Ford Ranger
    Past: 92 MX3
    Past: 93 MX3 KLZE Swapped
    Past: 06 Eclipse GT
    Past: First Evo X in Canada to break 300awhp - Sold
    Past: 2010 Ram Sport C/C
    Past: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport C/C: HemiFever Tuned, Stainless Works Longtube Headers, Crossflow Exhaust.
    Current: 2015 SRT8 Grand Cherokee

We had Home Depot install the tank we bought there. Two quotes from plumbers to come do it were almost double the Home Depot rate. And that was paying for Sunday install. They took the old one away and were very professional.

I have a good friend that is a plumber/gas fitter and he just did mine for me. He's quick, professional and does a great job.

PM me if you'd like his number.

Quote Originally Posted by UberBricky View Post
    We had Home Depot install the tank we bought there. Two quotes from plumbers to come do it were almost double the Home Depot rate. And that was paying for Sunday install. They took the old one away and were very professional.

Bump. My tank had issues last month, hot water outlet was clogged, no pressure. Fixed that, and now the pilot won't stay light. Replaced the thermocouple and still no dice. Tank is 16 years old so time to replace. Anyone have any recommedations? Leaning towards buying one from Home Depot and getting them to install but looking for other sources.

Action Furnace has a $999 installed 40 Gallon, Bradford White unit but only 5 year warranty on the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rice View Post
    Bump. My tank had issues last month, hot water outlet was clogged, no pressure. Fixed that, and now the pilot won't stay light. Replaced the thermocouple and still no dice. Tank is 16 years old so time to replace. Anyone have any recommedations? Leaning towards buying one from Home Depot and getting them to install but looking for other sources.

Action Furnace has a $999 installed 40 Gallon, Bradford White unit but only 5 year warranty on the tank.
    I used a guy off Kijiji.
    He let me use his account to pick up the 50 Gallon tank. He then installed it.
    All in I was around $900

Edit: I got a John Woods 50 Gallon. 8 year tank warranty, 6 year on parts
    Last edited by Talon_66; December 23rd, 2016 at 10:26 PM.

I have a Rheem and it seems good. The richest guy i know has one, so that's a shining endorsement, LoL!
    Hoe Depot even seems to sell them, meow. I don't know a plumber, though...