Westside Mitsubishi

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 93 2.4l Shadow Part 2 : Project Shadicorn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshP2002 View Post
    Jesus, I never really followed build threads until I started really getting into my own build thread and exploring others. This is a massive undertaking, what is your timeline for this to be on the road?
    Well with a wife, 2 young kids and an acreage I figure I'll be at least 4 years on the thing. That said I'm not giving myself a deadline. I will work at the pace that produces the best results I could possibly achieve.........but I sure hope it doesn't take a whole lot longer than 4 years.

Thanks

great design and modeling skills. Did you do stress analysis on everything under load as well?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myron View Post
    great design and modeling skills. Did you do stress analysis on everything under load as well?
    I perform FEA on the parts that concern me such as uprights, rockers, a-arms, brake mounts, mid plate etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    I perform FEA on the parts that concern me such as uprights, rockers, a-arms, brake mounts, mid plate etc.
    How about flow simulation on the manifold

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    How about flow simulation on the manifold
    I did a bit of steady state flow in the beginning but that is far from realistic. I was trying to find some dynamic valve event pressures but I could only find some graphs, nothing with numbers I could use. If I could find those kinds of numbers I could do a dynamic flow analysis with cylinder overlap which would start to tell something useful. Other than that it's not terribly telling. That said I feel the design is good. It has a center inlet into the water to air IC core which should act to straighten the air some. Out of the core it is into the velocity stacks which are spread out evenly and into ITBs with the injectors right after the butterflies. This should help with atomization.......I think. If it sucks at least it will look cool

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Proper

Thanks

Not a whole lot, but some progress has been made. I got a good chunk of the firewall gut out, I think just so I could feel like I was doing something as I wasn't ready to do the whole piece yet. I also got the holes cut for the lower cross bar which will be an attachment point between the tube structure and the body. This was a big step as it was the first hole cut for a piece that will be welded back into the car. I did mess up somehow on one side but luckily metal can be welded back in.

Thanks

I have a model of the Enkei RPF1s but I wasn't confident in the inner dimensions in regards to the brake fitment. I thought of printing a tool that would allow me to take accurate measurements but that didn't seem very exciting so instead I printed a section of the brake system. Much cooler! The result? The 13.09" rotors with Wilwood Forged Superlite calipers fit........barely. I've got about .050" of clearance so I've found a rotor hat with a touch more offset which will make it perfect. All in all well worth the print!

Thanks

Well it's been a busy fall/winter. In October I sold my house and neglected to buy a new one so everything went into storage. I was expecting to get a bunch of machining done but a project I had promised someone else has been taking way longer than expected partly due to not having a garage to work in anymore. So what's left when everything is in storage and you have no garage? Time to make some animations and 3D printed prototypes.

First off is an animation and prototype of the quickspool valve. I didn't like the what was available on the market as seen in the third picture. The butterfly creates a blockage on the second scroll, when closed the exhaust runs into a flat 90deg wall, and you lose all the advantages of a twin scroll header/turbo combo. Instead I designed a collector to house the flapper. This way there is no blockage when opened, when close there is an angled wall to help direct the exhaust and when opened the flapper becomes the division to retain all twin scroll advantages. The prototype turned out good and I'm excited to try out the real thing.

Secondly I thought I'd make an animation of the suspension system........just because it was fun.