Garage 104

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 93 2.4l Shadow Part 2 : Project Shadicorn

Thanks

Cool explanation and video as well. What program are you using?
    I have used Autodesk Inventor in the past, and years later tried to teach myself Solidworks but I got lazy. Then at my last job I taught myself to used Risa 3D which was a structural design software but you can animate it just the same to see the stress areas, bending moments, deflections...

Thanks

I'm using SolidWorks. I actually found it quite intuitive compared to ProE and the little bit of Inventor I tried.

Thanks

I've done some stress analysis on Inventor and it was alright, I do have a lot of experience with Inventor but I'm probably pretty rusty now, but I'd love to do it for a living

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Wasting peoples time, cluttering threads and killing threads since May 2008.

Just call me Thread Jack AKA Captain OT.

current ride: WR Blue 2002 Subaru WRX with a 3" catless turbo back exhaust and an AEM cold air intake

Thanks

Subscribed!

Great thread, I'll definitely enjoy watching this come together over time. Always appreciate when I can come into a thread with a car that I have no vested interest in and leave with takeaway ideas for my own car, if only in theory.
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pry4sno View Post
    Subscribed!

Great thread, I'll definitely enjoy watching this come together over time. Always appreciate when I can come into a thread with a car that I have no vested interest in and leave with takeaway ideas for my own car, if only in theory.
    Lol, I agree. I love any well designed and executed project log regardless of whether I would ever see myself in the vehicle or not. I know I'm most likely alone in the Dodge Shadow love category.

Well, I've updated post 16 to reflect proper braking loads. I also applied them a bit differently to be in my opinion more realistic. Everything still looks decent though I'd like to spend some time making the caliper mount a bit more rigid. It is strong enough but it moves more than I would like on its own. This will most likely change once a disc in in the mix but I'd like to stiffen it up none the less. I know from experience that brake movement, even if minor, can cause all sorts of havoc.

Thanks

I've been making at least a little bit of progress this last month. I finally got it back into the garage to start operation front chop. Before I can complete the task a couple of small things needed to be worked out. The first was to mark the wheel centers so I can make sure everything lines up when I construct the new front end. When I made the assembly rack I set the car 6.5" above the top surface which was so I can use 2x4 steel to set the 4.5" ride height. For the wheel centers I used a piece of 2x4 steel 74" across which will also be the the new track width. This gives an 8.4" increase in track width from the stock 57.6" to 64". I felt this was a good gain while still not making the car look stupid.....well at least I hope, I still haven't modeled up any body work. I also found a good use for all the control arm tubes I made a mistake on. They work great to hold up the old control arms at ride height when I take the wheels off.

The first look at the new track width.

Setting the ride height to measure the wheel centers.

Locking in the wheel centers.

Goodbye Mr. K-frame and Macpherson strut suspension. We had some good times together but it's time to move on.

Last edited by turboshad; July 27th, 2017 at 10:48 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turboshad For This Useful Post:

Darkness (September 29th, 2016), Gargoyle25 (September 28th, 2016), lintlars (September 29th, 2016)

Thanks

Exciting stuff!
    Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile

1992 Audi 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled

1990 Audi Coupé quattro /// Because Racecar

Thanks

well shit, DJ. Glad to see you are still kickin and technically in the TD game.

I got back into the TD game not too long ago aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2HIGH~PSI View Post
    This is the reason the edmonton crowd are such losers
    "and when he gets to the gates of heaven to Saint Peters he will tell, one more soldier reporting, Sir"

Rest in Peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexSmith View Post
    The right way, is the way Toyota had it from the factory. What you are doing is penis on penis action.

-Alex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HLVW Wrecker View Post
    well shit, DJ. Glad to see you are still kickin and technically in the TD game.

I got back into the TD game not too long ago aswell.
    Ya, I'm still in the TD game, if not I would have picked a more logical platform.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turboshad For This Useful Post:

HLVW Wrecker (October 11th, 2016)