Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Thread: Interesting but weird issue

Default Interesting but weird issue

So I have my 1990 300zx tt running but notice a slight miss. I used consult to do power balance test and notice a small drop each time it cuts a cylinder it will say 200rpm or something but my cylinder 2 will say 19-35. I took the spark plug out and they are brand new and I see its firing but running a tad rich just curious what could it be? It's firing but maybe not getting a good spark or not enlighten power?
    Last edited by superspeed; May 25th, 2016 at 10:54 AM.

Start with:

1. Swap coils with another cylinder and see if the problem moves to rule out the COP.

2. Remove injector connector and look for green death, check resistance of injector.

3. Do a compression test.

Also driving i notice it happens in lower rpm when i WOT its smooth just lower 3k rpm?

At WOT your alternator/battery might have slightly more stable voltage due to the increased RPM and a slightly better spark, might be worthwhile to stop at battery world or somewhere else and have them do an electrical scan.
    Model View Caffeine

i hear like a slight belt squeek could tiny bit of slack cause this issue?

Sorry, but what type of Z from the approximately 40-year span are you talking about?

1990 300zx tt