Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by vorpalz View Post
    chuckle, no, 'drive by' refers to 'drive by shooting' which is about what you did with your unhelpful comment.

My cars all run fine, thanks for the offer.
    Actually chuckles, all you did was basically rephrase what I said for options.

You're so easy. All I have to do is say 300zx's suck! and it's exactly like waiving a red cape in front of a bull. You couldn't even see what else I wrote because you shut your brain off as soon as you read someone taking a jab at your most favouritest car ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post

That's probably not the case if they go and buy something like a Genesis, or BRZ/FRS, or whatever other small sports cars there are these days.
    I had a Genesis, sold it and chose to keep the Z32. All cars can have problems as they age. Something like I'm experiencing is minor compared to a well documented common grinding transmission on a < 5 year old car (Genesis). Also my Z32 handles better and is just overall a better built well engineered car. Havent had to do much other than regular maintenance and replacing parts due to age in 3 years of ownership. Not bad for a "flawed" 22 year old vehicle.

Anyways, hopefully swapping out the starter this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMZ32 View Post
    I had a Genesis, sold it and chose to keep the Z32. All cars can have problems as they age. Something like I'm experiencing is minor compared to a well documented common grinding transmission on a < 5 year old car (Genesis). Also my Z32 handles better and is just overall a better built well engineered car. Havent had to do much other than regular maintenance and replacing parts due to age in 3 years of ownership. Not bad for a "flawed" 22 year old vehicle.

Anyways, hopefully swapping out the starter this weekend!
    I certainly didn't mean to offend. I wasn't at all trying to suggest that you're some ricer who doesn't look after his car.

My wife's Genesis is 7 years old, roughly 140,000km's, has never had a gear grind... and the only repair it has needed was replacing a worn out suspension bushing. Probably from all the shitty back farm roads she drives on to go ride her horse.

It has been completely trouble-free. And it was in the high $20K's. I'm very impressed for a car from Korea.

Japan has been making awesome small sports cars for decades. No kidding the 300ZX has more engineering behind it. In 1990 it was $31,000 - adjust that to today's dollars... It's the equivalent of paying $60,000.00

And like all expensive sports cars from days gone by, they have a reputation for being trouble. Look at the BMW 850i, lol, sure you can find some examples that run. But most people shy away from them.

Again, as with MOST things in life, if you take good care of it - you'll be fine.

I think they're gorgeous machines that still impress me 25 years later.

My point was, wanksters with too much money (or not enough) treat these cars poorly, and that's why you see so many poor examples.

And some "basic" sporty car like the BRZ or Genesis is probably going to withstand the abuse and lack of attention better than something complicated and over-engineered.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.