Handz

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What in the wtfbbq

Default What in the wtfbbq

So I live in windermere. It's new right? every single part of it is new, and live in a pretty new street for it (its not even on google maps yet). My road is absolutely mint too. Michael J fox could draw a straight line on a soccerball while riding a skate board down my street.

So today I come home and there is a notice on my door. They will be Top lift paving my street and the surrounding streets (I assume that is the shitty paving method edmonton developed where they just throw up a top layer of pavement on top of the current road, covering the nice gutters and all the other good stuff that provides decent drainage)

....what the fuck is Edmonton doing......

They put down first layer down and let everything settle. Then they do final cost usually 1-2 yrs later. That's normal

Knowing zhao, I think he's smart enough to notice if the asphalt was down 2 inches from all the curbing.
    #RAM

yep they do this in every subdivision. original asphalt is layed a little low so they can come back and make it complete when most of the construction is done. they should do they sidewalks and everything to make it look brand new.

This road it depends where you go. in front of my driveway it sunk and water pools there but I dont even have an inch there. Other places it is pretty good and all the manholes are perfectly level. The first homes on this street were finished in 2013, so it's about 3.5 - 4 years old now. Some spots are flush, some maybe have a cm. i'd say on average about a cm. over a block or 2 there is a solid lip in that area, over a inch.

that's what i worry about... fugus old neighbourhood they dumped 2inches of crap on top of the road, paving so that it eliminated the gutters and the road ended up being flush with the top of the sidewalks in most spots. My last job they did the same on a mint road, eliminating the gutters.

here is a pic. I hope they're way overdue for a thin topcoat and the road didn't settle at all, and they can not make a mess of it, but i've seen them make a complete mess of other roads more than once. They claim 2 days which sounds like what happened on fugu's street. 1inch this thing prob wont look bad, but if they dump 2inches its going to be a mess.

Last edited by zhao; July 21st, 2016 at 08:42 PM.

2013 plans are getting new asphalt in rosenthal so its about 3 years.

its normal.

I agree it sucks the way we do our roads here, however if you want to do them like they do in germany, then be prepared to pay for it.

That picture looks right. The layer they ran through my neighborhood was extremely thin.

It looks slightly low on the nearside, and high on the far side.

WTFBBQ indeed.

Just park your car in the street and handcuff yourself to the door handle.

Get some neon signs, and glitter, and shit.

Start a protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.