Performance-shop.com

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about buying my first home

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    No bonus room = starter home imo. It's a temp home people will make due with, because if you have 2 kids it sux ass. At the very least You can't ignore the mess because everyone spends all their time in the living room, which everyone visiting sees. With a bonus room it keeps the mess upstairs.

imo it's worth it and then some, but you should be able to ballpark the value looking at used new homes for sale. or just the sheer lack of homes in new areas without it if they have an attached garage for how desirable a house without a bonus room is. I have to walk a couple blocks to find one actually in my area
    I kinda am building my starter home though. I could potentially see a girl moving in with me but I really don't see myself having kids while living here. I do think lots of the homes in the area have bonus rooms. my friends house in the area is 2300ish square feet so my place would be one of the smallest as far as square footage is concerned.
    #RAM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    I kinda am building my starter home though. I could potentially see a girl moving in with me but I really don't see myself having kids while living here. I do think lots of the homes in the area have bonus rooms. my friends house in the area is 2300ish square feet so my place would be one of the smallest as far as square footage is concerned.
    Realistically.. You won't live in this house for more then 5 years so I would try and stay under the 400k mark. Once you get over that price, potential buyers will want a bonus room.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldakota View Post
    haha maybe learn from my experience? You don't see it, but plan for it.

I bought my duplex when I was single. I had no intention of staying there that long, but life just got busy. I was more content to stay than to put up with a move. Also, I got the wrong fucking mortgage (fucking fixed 5 years -the penalty to break those things is HUGE).

Time passes quicker than you think and you might stay longer than you want. Choose something within your limit but also choose something that can resell easily at its given price point. More to the point, plan for later -not now. I had the funds to buy a house when I purchased my duplex. I wanted to be frugal and to make a financially sound decision as I just started consulting. In hindisght, I should have just bought a house. Now, I have to go through the process of selling the place and moving.

Man, I really fucking hate moving. I built huge shelves in my garage and filled them to the brim with shit. Now I have to move all that shit.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,207 Times in 792 Posts

I think 2300sq feet is insanely huge for 1 person.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    I think 2300sq feet is insanely huge for 1 person.
    I agree. Like I said I'm aiming for 1500 and even then I probably won't use the spare bedrooms. If I get a bonus room it will be 1650 or 1700 and it will just be another room I don't use
    #RAM

Thanks

Since the basement will probably have the pool table and foosball table, you'll need an extra room for the theater, and also you need an extra room for a VR setup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Since the basement will probably have the pool table and foosball table, you'll need an extra room for the theater, and also you need an extra room for a VR setup.
    Basement is earmarked for the gym. VR room will probably be one of the spare bedrooms when I can finally bring myself to buy one of the consumer headsets and a new video card. At this point I'll probably just wait for the second generation of headsets.
    #RAM

Thanks

Ah.. I thought the cool thing nowadays was a gym in a suite above the garage.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bung View Post
    Ah.. I thought the cool thing nowadays was a gym in a suite above the garage.
    It might be but I'm not cool.
    #RAM