Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 13

Thread: Stolen! Green Kawasaki ZX6R

  1. #1

    Default Stolen! Green Kawasaki ZX6R

    Stolen! Stolen! Stolen!
    Make: Kawasaki
    Model: Zx6r
    Plate #: CHE98
    VIN: JKAZX4R12BA029139
    Date: Oct. 8 4:00pm - Oct. 10 6:00pm
    Distinctive Markings: Scrape down right side of fuel tank. Ignition has damage from previous attempt to be stolen.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Added sticky and changed title.
    That looks like a 2009-2013 generation, right?
    What area of town was it stolen from?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JugZ View Post
    Added sticky and changed title.
    That looks like a 2009-2013 generation, right?
    What area of town was it stolen from?
    You are correct. 2011 Zx6R. Just South of Ellerslie Road on 66th Street. Taken right off my driveway.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Edm
    Posts
    1,148

    Default

    Possibly a neighbor or someone that knew you left for long weekend?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTalent View Post
    Possibly a neighbor or someone that knew you left for long weekend?
    I've had it parked in the same spot all summer. As I have a tandem double garage. So I'd have to move the girlfriends car every time I wanted to use it. So I just parked it on the driveway instead. Anything is possible though I guess.

    I'm going to go around to my neighbors and chat with them today after work to see if theyou seen anything.

  6. #6

    Default

    Insurance is supposed to call me today or tomorrow regarding how much they are going to pay me for it. It's a 2011 Zx6r with 5000kms on it. Problem is, that there is very few on kijiji or autotrader to compare it to. I know they have to give you enough to put you back in/on the same vehicle within reason.

    So with that said, what would you consider a fair amount.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krmitlovesbacon View Post
    Insurance is supposed to call me today or tomorrow regarding how much they are going to pay me for it. It's a 2011 Zx6r with 5000kms on it. Problem is, that there is very few on kijiji or autotrader to compare it to. I know they have to give you enough to put you back in/on the same vehicle within reason.

    So with that said, what would you consider a fair amount.
    Rough guess would be something around $6k and I suspect they'll only give you the wholesale amount, like they do when your vehicle is written off. Why? Because they're scum.
    Are there any similar R6's or whatever Honda calls their CBR-600rRrF1R¶®¥ thing? They might be close to the same price.

  8. #8

    Default

    I know when I wrote my 2008 civic off it had 260,000kms. And I got $11,000.00. Mainly because there was no civics like mine for sale with that much mileage. The next highest was like 140,000. So they gave me enough to purchase that vehicle.

  9. #9

    Default

    Figured I might as well update this. I've never recovered my motorcycle, but I have finally settled with my insurance company for compensation. I'll be getting $8,049.10 minus my deductible for the bike.
    Last edited by krmitlovesbacon; November 3rd, 2016 at 08:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •