First Gear

Interested in Advertising on 780Tuners?  Please contact us

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman killed in fiery collision in north Edmonton

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Default Woman killed in fiery collision in north Edmonton

I drive this part of Edmonton on a very regular basis.

It was a terrible sight to see.

I hope she will rest peacefully now.

A woman was killed in a fiery crash in north Edmonton late Monday afternoon.

Police say the woman was the driver of a Nissan Xterra that was rear-ended by an Infiniti G37 near 97th Street and 160th Avenue around 4:30 p.m.

The impact caused the Nissan to catch fire. Both vehicles ended up in the ditch on the east side of the intersection.

The woman died at the scene. The male driver of the Infiniti was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The man, who is in mid-twenties, is facing charges. Police say alcohol and speed are factors in the collision.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...nton-1.3819799
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyanide Ride For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (October 25th, 2016)

Thanks

According to reddit, witnesses said they could hear the woman screaming as she burned to death in her car.

That kid needs to go to hell in a hand basket.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

Thanks

Horrible.. Absolutely horrible. One of the worst parts about all of these accidents is that the drunk driver always seems to survive.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 800 Posts

First of all... Collision between 2 Nissan's causes giant fireball of death? I've always said Nissan's are death traps.

Secondly, why didn't she just get out?

Thirdly, if she couldn't get out, why didn't one of the bystanders/witnesses run over and rescue her instead of listening to hear to scream and burn to death?
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLJDM View Post
    Rob with an awesome post as always.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AudiInProgress View Post
    First of all... Collision between 2 Nissan's causes giant fireball of death? I've always said Nissan's are death traps.

Secondly, why didn't she just get out?

Thirdly, if she couldn't get out, why didn't one of the bystanders/witnesses run over and rescue her instead of listening to hear to scream and burn to death?
    The 2012 Ram and Titan have similar safety ratings.

She cold have been trapped by the seat belt or had a body part pinched in a way leaving here unable to get out on her own.
    Originally posted by Wookey
    Im pretty sure Chris has built more, raced/driven more faster cars then 99.9% of the people here. he can be a shit disturber but he brings in good points.

Thanks

SUV looks turned over on it's side. Could have just boiled down to muscular dexterity or may have been pinned in an awkward fashion preventing her from unbuckling her belt.

Ever try opening a door when there's am absurd amount of pressure on it? Impossible. Maybe I shouldn't say impossible, but I haven't seen anybody been able to open a pennied door. Full grown farm boys too. We used to "penny" people locking in their rooms when I lived in res. A few guys would lean against a door thereby bowing out the top and bottom of the doors (fulcrum is at the door handle latching mechanism) and stack pennies in the gaps to keep pressure on the door knob latching.

Not sure if seat belts work the same way, but if they're any way similar, since the vehicle is sideways, I imagine there'd be a fair bit of pressure on the seat belt lock -at least a person's body weight's worth. Most women have trouble opening a jar of pickles let alone having the muscular ability in their fingers to unlatch presumably 130 lbs of weight.
    2010 Jeep SRT8 aka Boris / 2G Toyota 4Runner (22RE) aka Gandalf / 4G 4Runner (2UZFE) aka Blacky Chan / 2007 CBR600RR (race bike)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the_fornicator For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (October 25th, 2016), lowryder99 (October 25th, 2016)

Thanks

The vehicle was rolled on its side.. Also it had been rear ended extremely hard which would mean that the frame was likely compromised so the doors probably wouldn't open. Plus there would have been mass panic and who knows what kind of injuries she had.
    The car lit on fire basically right after it got hit into the ditch (according to reports). And everyone reacts differently to these situations, some people panic and break down and are useless. Only people with training will know what to do to pull somebody out of a burning vehicle. Its not human nature to put yourself in harms way to save somebody else, it takes training for that. They said people were using fire extinguishers to try and put the fire out so their was an effort to save her. I am sure that bystanders did not just stand there, I am sure there was an attempt to save her.

We are focusing on the wrong thing here, this has nothing to do with the vehicle she was driving and nothing to do with the bystanders. It has to do with one POS that decided to drink and drive recklessly and take an innocent woman's life.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MZSPD For This Useful Post:

AudiInProgress (October 25th, 2016), Cyanide Ride (October 25th, 2016), Gargoyle25 (October 25th, 2016), ResidentEVO (October 27th, 2016), the_fornicator (October 25th, 2016), vorpalz (October 25th, 2016)

Thanks

Came around an icy corner to see the car enter the ditch roll and a cloud of snow, the car in front of me started coming to a stop and I followed suit... jumped out of the truck nearly landed on my ass in the middle of the highway because of how icy it was and ran into the ditch. The other driver that stopped made it down to the car before me and was already helping the person out of the car and together we got her out of the ditch and into his warm car and tried to settle her down. That car being on it's roof I know that door didn't open easily. I'm not sure if I alone would have had enough strength to pull that door open, he was bigger built than I.
    Model View Caffeine

Cyanide Ride is offline Crotchety old bastard wrapped bastard filled with bastard Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
    According to reddit, witnesses said they could hear the woman screaming as she burned to death in her car.

That kid needs to go to hell in a hand basket.
    Fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD View Post
    The vehicle was rolled on its side.. Also it had been rear ended extremely hard which would mean that the frame was likely compromised so the doors probably wouldn't open. Plus there would have been mass panic and who knows what kind of injuries she had.
    The car lit on fire basically right after it got hit into the ditch (according to reports). And everyone reacts differently to these situations, some people panic and break down and are useless. Only people with training will know what to do to pull somebody out of a burning vehicle. Its not human nature to put yourself in harms way to save somebody else, it takes training for that. They said people were using fire extinguishers to try and put the fire out so their was an effort to save her. I am sure that bystanders did not just stand there, I am sure there was an attempt to save her.

We are focusing on the wrong thing here, this has nothing to do with the vehicle she was driving and nothing to do with the bystanders. It has to do with one POS that decided to drink and drive recklessly and take an innocent woman's life.
    He's got atleast the drunk and speeding against him.

I hope he goes away for a long time.
    When negotiations fail, escalate.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32
    "When a bird is alive, it eats ants, when the bird dies, ants will eat the bird.
    Time and circumstance can change at anytime so don't devalue or hurt anyone in life.
    You may be powerful today, but remember, Time is more powerful than you."